Commonwealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Commonwealth

2.6

Sort:

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth in May 2017.

Interview

I was called back in early February for a phone interview that lasted about 10 minutes. Basic questions regarding my resume were asked. I was not contacted again until mid-March when I was asked to interview with a specific team. The interview was decent, some easy questions and some harder ones. Then nothing happened. I didn't hear from HR again until May. I figured I was not chosen to be an intern but instead they wanted to interview me again for another team which couldn't happen until the end of May. I went in to interview, the team that interviewed me seemed uninterested and a few days later I heard back and I didn't get the job. The entire process was too long and came across as very disorganized.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Commonwealth.

Interview

The process was good. Met with multiple people but still very good. Lasted several days... I've worked here for years so not much more to say. Great place to work.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easily if you are well prepared for the process. Three step interview that took approximately three weeks. First interview was behavioral then it turned more into technical for the second and third interviews.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Detroit, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

very extensive - met with multiple managers (5) within the company to ensure compatibility across the I would interact with, also met with HR personnel to vet out right fit for company culture

Interview Questions

• If you were a car, what type of car would you be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

upfront salary offer was excellent, negotiated more vacation time.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. We had a second phone call with the hiring manager and another director within the company. Both interviews were refreshing in that they were transparent in the inner workings of the company and how the role would play out. In both interviews I seemed to interview them more than they interviewed me. Hiring manager was very affable and transparent.

Interview Questions

• This was a refreshing interview process where I was able to ask them more questions than they ended up asking me. I received an excellent insight into the company and how the role would be.   Answer Question

Digital Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Dearborn, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick. Only talked to two people, they were very nice and knew exactly what they were looking for. Very solid interview. No complaints.Hopefully I will be contacted again at some point in the future.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Print Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

In person interview, I was flown to San Francisco to meet with the team. They seemed pretentious and scattered. Not sure there was a clear vision for the position or the work they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• If I could be any kind of car, what would I be.   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Flew up and met with all CDs and team members, including high leadership levels. Mix of great getting to know you talk and tough questions about the role to make sure the fit was right.

Interview Questions

• Why did I take my previous job?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Detroit, MI).

Interview

From first correspondence to the offer the was a seamless process. The recruiter was extremely helpful and the creative team was completely forthcoming. I went through a two phone interviews before flying in. Upon arrival, I met with the CDs for interviews that we're more so a chance for me to get to know the team and the city overall. Great experience.

Associate Digital Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth (Detroit, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email schedule a phone interview the next day. The phone interview was the following week, and I was asked fairly standard questions regarding my background. I heard back again a week later, when they scheduled my first in-person interview. I met with the Executive Print Producer and one of the Senior Digital Artists on their team. The atmosphere of the interview was fairly casual — as I presented my portfolio of creative work, they were able to bring up relevant interview questions in a conversational way. Within the week following this first interview, I received another email from the recruiter I had been in contact week asking to schedule a follow up in-person interview. In order to make their final decision, they wanted to meet some of the other Senior Digital Artists on the team. The second interview was shorter as they did not have me run through my portfolio, and instead asked more questions about my background, experience, and skill set. The second interview concluded with a quick tour around both floors of the Commonwealth offices. Two weeks later I received a final email stating that they had chosen a different candidate.