Compass Minerals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Compass Minerals

2.6

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Ogden, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

It was the first interview round and was a typical one. The interviewer was a very nice person and was able to understand all the answers and the response was pretty positive.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with member from HR. I advanced to next stage and had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. I then was told I had advanced to the in-person stage. I traveled out for an in-person interview and everything went great. I met with four to five individuals, all of whom gave positive feedback. I returned home and got a call four to five days later saying the position had been put on hold and did not meet the business needs at this time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was with the role's manager and other employees I would be working with. It took a while to hear back from them about an interview after I applied. Once I was contacted about scheduling an interview it moved fairly quickly. They were very flexible and understanding for the scheduling of the interview since I had limited availability due to school (this was for an internship position for the Summer).

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about your experience   Answer Question
    • Rate and describe your proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in November 2018.

Interview

There were 2 phone screens and 2 onsite interviews. 1 of the 4 people that I interviewed on-site was prepared and seemed to care that I was there. All the interviews went well but I was not chosen.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Minerals.

Interview

Applied online, quickly called back, set up phone interview. HR missed appointment twice, I had to call them. Asked super generic questions with zero interest in replies. Red Flag. "Thank you for your interest, but this engineer is focusing his search on employers with an interest in being professional. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors. "

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate for this position? Why do you want to work here? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Do you put your pants on one leg at a time?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

I had a 1:1 phone interview with the hiring manager, who asked me about my experience related to the position in question. He also asked some more personality-based questions to get to know me. The same day I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face was a 2 hour interview process broken up into four 30 minute interviews with HR, the hiring manager, the team I'd be working with, and another manager.

The questions were not overly challenging, just a detailed process which shows they're determined to find the right person.

Corporate Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR which went great. I was invited to come in for a meeting with the Sr. Vps which I would report. When I arrived, it was another meeting with HR which repeated the phone screen. That also went well and they told me they would set up the meeting with the VPs, but then they refused to return my calls. As it turned out, they did not want to pay a recruiting fee and the outside recruiter sent in a dud before me. So HR was hesitant to review any more candidates from the recruiter.

Operations Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals.

Interview

From initial contact to offer letter was approximately three weeks, so this company is obviously reasonably efficient. There were three phone interviews, each approximately an hour. Two were fairly casual, one much more structured. The proposed start date was two weeks out. Compass Minerals seems to know what they want to do, how to do it, and execute efficiently.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Why are you better qualified than any of the internal candidates?" It was unexpected because it assumed that I felt I **was** better qualified, when in fact I couldn't speak to the qualifications of internal candidates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

the first offer was solid in every way.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in August 2009.

Interview

Team of Interviewer's

Supply Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in April 2018.

Interview

Fairly standard interview process, progressing from initial phone calls to a few on-site interviews. Only issue during the interview process was a seemingly harried staff. Multiple individuals on their teams had difficulty keeping their times, or they missed the interviews entirely.

After all of these interviews, they seem to have chosen another candidate, which is, of course, fine. My dissatisfaction stems from their inability to follow up with the calls or emails to which they committed. After multiple on-site interviews, I think at least an email with an up/down decision is fair. Disappointingly unprofessional.