Compass Minerals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Compass Minerals Interview Questions

2.6

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with member from HR. I advanced to next stage and had a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position. I then was told I had advanced to the in-person stage. I traveled out for an in-person interview and everything went great. I met with four to five individuals, all of whom gave positive feedback. I returned home and got a call four to five days later saying the position had been put on hold and did not meet the business needs at this time.

Operations Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals.

Interview

From initial contact to offer letter was approximately three weeks, so this company is obviously reasonably efficient. There were three phone interviews, each approximately an hour. Two were fairly casual, one much more structured. The proposed start date was two weeks out. Compass Minerals seems to know what they want to do, how to do it, and execute efficiently.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "Why are you better qualified than any of the internal candidates?" It was unexpected because it assumed that I felt I **was** better qualified, when in fact I couldn't speak to the qualifications of internal candidates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

the first offer was solid in every way.

Corporate Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR which went great. I was invited to come in for a meeting with the Sr. Vps which I would report. When I arrived, it was another meeting with HR which repeated the phone screen. That also went well and they told me they would set up the meeting with the VPs, but then they refused to return my calls. As it turned out, they did not want to pay a recruiting fee and the outside recruiter sent in a dud before me. So HR was hesitant to review any more candidates from the recruiter.

Underground Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cote Blanche Landing, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Cote Blanche Landing, LA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was excellent but it's all a trick to get you to work there .this company is nothing but a joke . Their Managment treats the hard working employees underground like complete garbage. Their payroll and office people are a joke also ! Someone could make this a great company

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for them   1 Answer

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Minerals (Overland Park, KS) in August 2009.

Interview

Team of Interviewer's

Production Foreman Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Compass Minerals in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with corporate. Lots of STAR scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm sure they would have paid more. I was more interested in the relocation package.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Compass Minerals in September 2008.

Interview

Company looks online through resumes .They will call you if they are interested.You will be given a test and a tour .Background checks will be made and a drug screen and also a pysical.