Conquip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Conquip

Sort:

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Conquip (Rancho Cordova, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I went on to Zip Recruiter and posted my resume. An e-mail was sent to me that they were interested in setting up an interview. I actually returned for a 3rd interview before I was hired. I had interviewed with several Managers from different departments.

Interview Questions

• If I was versatile to assist at an administrative level in many different departments for the company   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Conquip.

Interview

Walk in your resume to the front counter. Make sure it goes to the Engineering Manager.

If you have the skills he WANTS or NEEDS someone, you will likely get a call back for an interview. Their business fluctuates and it can take time to hear back.

Interview:

They are looking for a few things: how will you fit in with the company, do you really know your engineering/project management, and can you model in solidworks.

They will ask about previous projects and your role, and also about some simple technical questions to make sure you are not bluffing them. Example: calculate the force of exerted by an air cylinder?

The modelling/drawing test is the most difficult for people. You have 30 minutes to model a part and make a drawing. This will take a CQ engineer less than ten minutes to make a fabrication drawing. Typically, when modelling an existing part, new people put a lot of detail into it. Unfortunately, ConQuip's full machine models are so large and intense, all the extra details really slow the computer systems down, and the model then is more expensive because you have now spent time and money to create it. Remember make sure the form, fit, and function are preserved.

Example, a motor with a pump, include outside envelope size (cylinder), mounting feet (flat plate with hole pattern), and inlet and outlet (NPT hole wizard). Do not include heat sinks, name plates, or bolts. If it needs much more, its too tight of a location for the pump.

After an interview, you will receive an offer if chosen, otherwise you may hear nothing. I waited 2 months after the interview, with no communication, for them to make an offer.

That's it. not too challenging once you get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Calculate horsepower from web tension   1 Answer

Negotiation

They negotiated little with me in salary. Since i was already employed i could use that to increase pay. Do not accept what they first offer, ask for more depending of your previous work experience.