Content Equals Money Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Content Equals Money

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Content Equals Money

Full Time Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Content Equals Money in June 2019.

Interview

The interview itself consisted of a test assignment, followed by feedback and an offer.
    I chose to decline based on the dozens of negative reviews I'd read about lack of payment; I mentioned my concerns to Amie and she said that she understood completely, but didn't deny any of it (I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign).

Web Administrative/Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Content Equals Money (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The owner sent a Personality Quiz and then scheduled a phone interview to learn more about me as an individual. I was asked questions about my experience working in web administration and development. The owner wanted to know if I could commit to 15 hours a week. My communication style was also discussed. One of the final questions of the interview were the expectations I had for my hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• What is your hourly rate pay expectations?   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Content Equals Money in September 2016.

Interview

The owner interviewed me and promised that as long as I can write simple sentences that make some sense that the company would train and assist me with improving my writing and SEO skills. I was honest that I was new to content writing and had never written SEO copy. However, I do have a lot of writing and journalism experience (30 years plus) and I have a bachelor's degree in Journalism. She seemed to like me so she sent a timed written test by email, expecting 700 perfectly written words in two hours on assignments I have never tackled before. There was no training, advanced preparation for the test, or any coaching prior to the test. The test consisted of multiple parts consisting of an article, press release, a pitch, etc.. It required much research, links, references, and specific content writing styles, all of which I was not trained for yet. I made just a few small errors based on my inexperience and nerves, which I did not think would disqualify me based on her multiple promises that I would go thorough an extensive training period at only $10.00 per hour (writing an astonishing 1000 words per hour). However, she sent an email saying I did not meet their minimum standards. I am a journalist and experienced writer for goodness sake, and was honest that content writing and SEO was foreign to me. She assured me that would not be a problem. However, she obviously expects perfection for slave wages. I was willing to work for very little pay to gain valuable training and experience, but they are not interested in giving constructive feedback, editing or helping you along....not even for a month !!! What a waste of my valuable time. No wonder their reviews are so dismal and she has so much turnover. She also charges her clients many times more than what she pays her employees. I would seek writing employment anywhere else.....not with "Content Equals Money", because the only person making lots of money for the content and slave labor is the owner !!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you have 35 hours EVERY WEEK to write 1000 words per hour (almost impossible to do quality writing at that rate)   1 Answer

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Content Equals Money (Fort Myers, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying, I was directed to talk an online test. Once this was scored and I passed, I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 10 minutes, and was very pleasant. I was asked for very little information regarding my skills or education; most of the interview was spent determining whether or not I'd be a good match for the company, based on my work availability.

Interview Questions

• How many hours per week I'd like to work.   1 Answer