Convertro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Convertro Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convertro in September 2017.

Interview

Took recruiters more than 3 weeks to review my resume. The initial phone screen interviewer was 10 minutes late. The interviewer was rude, overly curt, openly admitted this is a "one-off" for them as they don't normally interview for this position. Call was cut short after we discovered that compensation was more than 20% below market.

Compensation aside, I would not join a company who's recruiters represent the company so poorly. As a former hiring manager, I would be highly concerned this is scaring away candidates.

Technical Ad Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convertro (Playa Vista, CA).

Interview

Qualifying interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager and in-person interviews with four people including hiring manager and Founder. Most of the questions were standard, 'Why Convertro', 'Tell me about yourself', etc. Founder will test your technical background and his questions include math story problems to see how you solve problems.

Interview Questions

• 1) You purchased a hammer and nail at Home Depot for $1.10. If the price difference is $1.00, how much did each item cost?

2) Looking at a standard clock, what is size of the angle made by the minute and hour hands at 6:30?   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Convertro.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who was nice but really seem unorganized and when I spoke with the hiring manager it was even worse, the call was suppose to be 30 min and ended in 45. He was all over the place about the company and his role and didn't really have a food idea of what he wanted out of the position. It was like he was making it up as we spoke.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle testing and issue that a client is complaining about that they can reproduce but you can't?   1 Answer

Product Manager - Business Affairs and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Convertro (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I should know better than to trust 3rd party recruiters. Against my better judgement I let one set up a phone interview with Converto. I had 4 phone interviews in one day, which was basically a waste of time. 3 of the 4 were regular interviews with otherwise nice people and relevant questions. The entire company apparently works from home, and not in a good way, because there were dogs barking in the background the whole time. The last guy was a founder I think and also asked me the stupid question about the balls. I thought this guy was a total idiot himself and none of them seemed to actually know what the role of Product Manager actually consists of. Also, this is basically AOL, but they represent themselves as a start up, which they certainly are not. Skip this lame company.

Interview Questions

• If you had 10 blue balls and 10 red balls and 5 bins how do you arrange the balls to maximize your chances of pulling out a red ball?   1 Answer

Account Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Convertro (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Several phone interviews ~ with HR, someone on the team and a team leader of a different dept that I would have been working with. Everyone on the phone was very pleasant and HR was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• In person I was interviewed by a couple of people on the team and some that were in charge of the tech side. Overall the questions were not relevant to my experience or the business, but more into the type of questions to see how your mind works. I understand the usefulness of this, they were just to the extreme. For example; "if you had a tub of blue and red balls and could only pull out one ball at a time, how could you make sure you only pull out blue balls"?? Other questions that reminded me of the typically..."two trains are traveling, one from the east and one for the west...the east train was going 75 miles an hour and the west was going.....when did the two trains meet"? Another question about a clock and the amount of time you had left if you used a certain amount of time... They also showed me a screen of their reporting page and asked me to explain it to them and what my recommendations would be to a client...after seeing it for two minutes for the first time. Also other internal information that they would show me and then quiz me.   1 Answer

Senior OPerations Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Convertro (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

My background is a strange mix: mechanical engineering, signal processing, and data analysis and software.

I was contacted by a recruiter who pointed me to the job listing on Convertro's website. We had a few back and forth phone calls and then it was decided I should have a video chat with several people from Convertro. When the time came no one was there in the chat room! I sent a text to the recruiter who then called Convertro and had to remind them of this video chat session.

There was a single person on the other side of the video chat and it sort of looked like was talking to me from a utility closet. Right away he jump into asking me curiously-detailed questions about basic image analysis and signal processing.

Next he described a scenario where one might wish to detect some type of spike event on a timeline. The was obviously related to Convertro's focus area of cross-device attribution modeling. I asked for clarification on this question. I indicated that, while I had never before worked on this specific topic, I was somewhat familiar with the general concepts. His response to me was very vague.

During the next few minutes of discussion I could clearly observe my interviewer looking offscreen and listening to what someone else was saying. I could not see that other person, and from that moment onward I felt awkward and began to feel more anxious.

The interview ended and overall I felt I performed rather poorly. I never heard back from anyone at Convertro. But the recruiter did call me a month later, but it turns out my resume had simply gotten caught again in his screen. This final conversation was very short.

Interview Questions

• I was described a scenario where one might wish to detect some type of spike event on a timeline.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convertro (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

This company wasted my time making me write essays and a critique of their UI, in addition to phone interviews. I was invited up to meet with the founder/CEO. After driving 90 minutes I spent 4 minutes in his office and then he kicked me out without even offering to reimburse me for parking. He asked me crazy physics questions that had absolutely zero relevance to the position I was applying for, then told me I had no technical ability or business acumen, and could see myself out. It was the most humiliating interview experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• If there was a cord attached to the surface of the earth, then one meter up, it was attached to a cord the length of the circumference of the earth, and one meter above that, another cord, what would the circumference of that cord be?   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raanana (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Convertro (Raanana (Israel)) in October 2012.

Interview

The questions asked during the interview show that the company is looking for very strong candidates in Big Data field and already have people who meet this criteria.
    The people are great and the office is very nice!