Cook County State's Attorney Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cook County State's Attorney

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was asked typical behaviorals questions like "why you why me" and some role-specific ones. Pretty standard. The interview was in person at the office. It was not long, took less than half hour.

Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of the interview process. The first round was conducted in early fall during my third year of law school, and took place at the law school. The second one was in the city. Both were group interviews with at least 2 people (prosecutors) present at both.

Interview Questions

• What my favorite law school class was and why   1 Answer

Assistant State's Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in early October and did not interview until just before Thanksgiving. Second interview was in February. I received a letter in mid-May stating whether I had a position. The process is very slow, and you are essentially told the CCSA Office will not respond to questions about the application or interview process, even if you could figure out who to ask.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a hypothetical ethics question regarding evidence obtained from an unlawful search and whether I would still use the evidence at trial.   Answer Question

Summer Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Went in for a morning interview and interviewed with the ASA supervisor at 26th St. Formal interview, straight to the point. Be prepared to talk about why you are interested in criminal law and what you plan to do after law school. Typical interview questions, sharing something about yourself, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

takes 6-8 months; several rounds of interviews with attorneys who do not want to be there; helps if you have a family member who works within the office

Interview Questions

• questions are very generic and indicate the interviewers did not even look at your resume   Answer Question

Assistant State's Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was nice. The attorneys are very friendly and speak a lot about getting great experience. They make no qualms about how they work way too much and may not be paid enough but overall they were really great and enticing. It seemed like a great place to work and learn and I was very impressed by the attorneys.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cook County State's Attorney (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

It was incredibly simple. I was clearly hired off of my resume and the phone call interview was to make sure I was real person and wanted the job enough to answer the interviewer's questions

Interview Questions

• How did you pick this unit over the other options   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. There terms were final as an unpaid internship, but I was able to negotiate my hours throughout the summer as needed.