CoorsTek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.1

Experienced Lab Technician (SEM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Golden, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Let me start by saying that this position spoke directly to all my strengths. I had every skill in the job description and had spent the past year working for a commercial microscopy laboratory. I was well suited to excel and surpass expectations for this position.

I applied for the job online and was called by a recruiter within a few days. After hearing more details about my background, the recruiter said he felt I was very qualified for the position and if I didn't receive a call to setup an interview, I should call him back on Friday (2 days from initial call). I didn't get a call to setup the interview, so I called the recruiter on the number he provided me. My call went to his voicemail where I left him a detailed message requesting that he call me back.

I never received a call back from this recruiter, who was a young man. I felt that something had gone wrong in the process, therefore I called him again a week later, and again I was directed to his voicemail. The only time when I was able to contact him, was when my call was directed via an internal line. After finally getting a hold of him, he said the hiring manager was reviewing my candidacy and should call me to set up an interview shortly (this is 1.5 weeks after my initial contact with him). This made me excited because I felt that I still had a shot at getting this interview (which I'm very confident I would've done well at).

A month goes by, and the call from the Hiring Manager never came. I called this recruiter once a week, requesting that he return my call and update me on the status of the job. The recruiter NEVER ONCE called me back after leaving 5 voicemails over a month period. Finally I got a hold of him through the internal line and he said that THEY FILLED THIS POSITION WEEKS AGO THROUGH AN INTERNAL APPLICANT. 1.5 months after my initial contact for this position, my submission still shows up as "Hiring Manager Review" on the careers website.

As a job-seeker, I've seen a lot of shady tactics from big companies, but this CoorsTek experience really takes the cake. It's obvious to me that they didn't really care about my candidacy for this position, and this recruiter in general doesn't feel accountable to anyone he's recruiting. CoorsTek is a wonderful company, but unfortunately, their Recruiting department (in Golden, CO) is incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• General things about my background and experience with microscopy   Answer Question

Loader Interview

Interview

All I has to do was say "hey I want a job" and poof! Hired on. Pass a quick drug and background check and then go through a monotonous back and forth of paperwork and you will start within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in this field?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CoorsTek.

Interview

Friendly HR and Management, straight to the point. I was introduced to the team, and was given a walk through office and of the responsibilities of job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now.   1 Answer

Shipping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Benton, AR).

Interview

went to front office. signed onto a computer telling who I was there to see. she came and got me about 10 minutes later. we went to the conference room. she wanted to know if I could lift 50 lbs. she said they work mon- Fri 12 hours a day and 6-8 hours occasionàl saturdays

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Golden, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

They walk you thru the plant and ask you if you can do the job. If you can pass background and drug test, they will hire you. It is not hard to get a job here.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Golden, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Then two weeks later was contacted for a phone interview with the local HR person and the hiring manager. Interview was pretty straight forward. HR person asked the common interview questions (Tell me about a time you succeeded...) and the hiring manager asked the technical questions. After about two weeks, I followed up with them and they told me I hadn't received the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CoorsTek.

Interview

Interview process was quick. First interview a few days after being contacted, second interview less than a week later. All phone calls were punctual. The interviewers were very friendly, they conveyed a very positive company culture. They were very good at answering what questions I had about the position.

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Arvada, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in January for a position to scale-up a pilot line to production scale. Request for resume 2 weeks later. Phone interview about a month and a half after. On-site interview about a month after the phone interview.

The on-site interview lasted from about 9am to 3pm (lunch included). The interview process included an introduction, panel interview with existing team members, HR, a facility tour, and a skills interview.

The skills interview seemed to focus a lot on chemical fundamentals - which is great...unless you are a chemical engineer that has spent a lot of time in the field / workplace and doesn't normally study up on such things. I felt as though the managers focused too much on requiring candidates to be able to recall equations and calculations instead of understanding how to put together and scale-up a process.

During the interview, I asked whether the product that was being produced was a product that the marketplace was asking for, or if it was a product they were trying to get into the marketplace. They answered that it was the latter, and after I asked a few more questions around the business strategy and long-term plan, it felt like there wasn't a solid strategy in place for penetrating into the marketplace.

We mutually agreed that it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Please write down the equations for pH and Arrhenius Law.   1 Answer

Machine Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Ventura, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Supervisor led me around the shop and we talked about the various responsibilities that I would be asked to satisfy. I was asked about the types of machines that I was comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what we are trying to accomplish here?   1 Answer

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CoorsTek (Golden, CO).

Interview

Through a recruiter, which I learned was not the usual method of hire.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have any reservations reporting to a woman."   1 Answer