Corus Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Corus Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.7

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy. Was asked regarding ability to meet deadlines, previous jobs that may have helped you develop the skills needed to be organized in order to submit last minute changes. Interviewed by one individual (manager) while some other candidates were interviewed by three managers.

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment in September 2016.

Interview

This interview was over the phone, but the hiring manager didn't even take the time to read my resume beforehand. Rejected for not enough experience, even though they had my resume and cover letter already.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed and asked when I was available for an interview. I responded. I received no answer back. I sent two additional emails over a period of a week and still no response. This is a completely unprofessional organization and this shines light on what type of organization they are.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Two rounds. Great conversations with potential co-workers and boss. It confirmed that I made the right choice applying. Got a rejection call though. Disappointed I didn't get the job, but glad to have received the opportunity to pitch myself and have closure. I'd love to still work here some day.

Interview Questions

• Conversations wrapped around knowledge and background. I don't believe seeing cheat answers here will fit every job.   Answer Question

Manager, Critical Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very casual and conversation based rather than strict question and answer. The hiring manager was really looking more for fit with the companies values than he was for technical competence and aptitude. Basically I submitted my resume after I saw the resume posted (there was no hiring browser site to go to) and I got the call a few days later to get me to come in and talk. Single interview. Job offer came a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why would I not got running back to the world I came from once Oil and Gas recovers.   1 Answer

Technical Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Brought into management office for a brief conversation (about 5 minutes) to discuss why I applied and to discover if I was qualified for the position (despite the fact I had already been doing the job for over a year)

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to this job?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment.

Interview

Typical to expect 3-4 rounds:

1. Direct Managers (those to whom you will report)
    2. VPs (on your team but not direct managers)
    3. Head of Department (More informal meeting, if you get this far you have been shortlisted)

Round 1 includes quiz for knowledge of brand and shows on network. You may also have a take home assignment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an obstacle and how you solved it   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment.

Interview

had two rounds of interview with a personality test. Had the first interview with a HR manager. Second interview with a creative director and account manager. After that, they asked me to take a personality test. After another week, I got an conditional offer with 3 months probation. After the period, move onto a full time. Process took about 1 month and half.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview call. It took around 2 weeks from application submission to interview call. I had a series of three interviews and they were conducted by people from three different departments; research, sales and brand team. The interview itself was not that difficult and the interviewers maintained a relaxed environment throughout the interviews.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion what is the biggest achievement in your academic life?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Corus Entertainment (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly relaxed and open attitude. Inviting conversions with friendly candor and informative insight and argument regarding occupation and position. It was in person at a local coffee shop and we knew and conversed on people in the industry that we may know and caught up on the business end of things.

Interview Questions

• How long since you've failed big on a job?   1 Answer