Cossette Communication Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.3

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

- First I sent to the HR my resume and cover letter application, I contacted her trough LinkedIn
    -Secund we did a Screening phone interview, she asked about experience and education, and interests
    -In person Interview, not difficult

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them my strengths and weaknesses, from the point of view of my boss   1 Answer

Ad Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

This position required three stages to the interview process. The recruitment team communicated well with me throughout the entire process and were very considerate, keeping me in the loop the entire time. Moreover each individual that I had a chance to interview with was friendly and inviting, and the young and exciting atmosphere at Cossette is unique. Although I was not offered the position in the end, interviewing at Cossette was a valuable experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you best keep yourself organized? (2nd interview)   1 Answer

Ad Ops Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the same day inviting me to a group interview next week.

There were about 12-15 candidates present for the group interview. The interview took place in a small boardroom. The agenda for the group interview:

- HR and Director started off by talking about the role and the company ( There were two more senior level employees present at the beginning of the introduction but they didn't seem interested at all and were quite quick to leave)

- We were asked to one by one introduce ourselves and talk about why we are interested in the job

- A short ice breaker question round (e.g. Had a pick a card with an ice breaker question e.g. Which superhero would you be and why?)

- Question for the interviewers

- Asked to complete an analytical assessment (1 hour, paper test, need a calculator, ratios, proportions, percentages, addition, subtraction, balancing, grammar test)

I received an email about 10 days later telling me that I didn't make it to the next round.

The energy in the places was quite positive and I would have loved to work at Cossette but Alas!

Interview Questions

• The analytical assessment was tougher than I had anticipated. Make sure you practice GMAT like maths questions.   Answer Question

Ad Ops Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

You'll have to apply online, and they will contact you if they feel you fit for the role they are looking for. First, there's a group interview and a test (roughly three pages). After reviewing your resume again and reviewing the test scores, they will contact you for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• The group interview consist on questions about your personality to see if you fit into the Cossette environment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

- had a connection/ good guy who had a friend working for the firm. referred me and the team was looking for someone in the finance group
    - interview process was pretty fast; 1st day met the HOD: he explained the necessity of the role and my key responsibilities; I explained my prior roles and how do i fit in; i have some extra-curricular activities related to music and movies so that also helped. I made some market research via Bloomberg and I did a presentation of the materials. He liked it :)
    - the following day I met 3 of the team members; they explained the role and I mentioned about my prior experience and education; overall the conversation went well.
    - the final round was a business case study which happened over 2 hours. the interviewer was sitting with me and we were discussing the case step-by-step and I was giving my feedback. the case was amazing and I showed real interest to get to the solutions; I said out loudly my thought process rather just saying the answer; always explain how you think in a case cause they dont really care about the answer; they wanna know how you think and how you can handle a situation;
    - after i came home I kinda thought about the case and tried to remember the numbers; I did the case again in Excel and I sent it to her; she was impressed to see that as I didnt take any materials home and just depended on my memory

Interview Questions

• - standard behavioral questions
      - questions related to past experiences & how can i fit myself in the current role
      Answer Question

Media Buying Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

- Contacted by HR to attend a group interview with about 12 others
    - Very simple and straight forward
    - VP of buying and the director were in the room with the HR rep to explain the role and expectations

Interview Questions

• - Introduce yourself and explain why you want the role
      - Pick a card with a silly question (ie. Would you rather be Batman or Superman)
      - Simple analytical assessment, mainly addition and ratio questions (you get a calculator)
      Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter to HR in response to a position a friend told me about.I was contacted by a Talent Manager to have an over the phone interview. The interview took about 15 minutes and it was mainly on behavioural questions.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

At the time, I only met with the supervisors I'd be working with. They asked the basic type of questions relating to advertising. I had a 2nd interview that was again just basic more HR related questions, like salary expectation, vacation expectations etc. A few days later I got an e-mail for the position. The process took about 1 week.

Interview Questions

• For the McDonald's team, they asked what's your favourite McDonald's food   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work long hours and stay late when needed?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with balancing multiple projects at once?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you had to make a stressful decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was an entry level position I was not able to negotiate.

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cossette Communication (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Usually, the interview process goes as so:
    Step 1: telephone interview with HR
    Step 2: meeting with Account Director
    These interviews are generally pretty standard. Know yourself, know the company, you should be fine.
    Step 3: confirmation meeting with VP
    Generally at this stage, it is to get the team leader's final approval.

Account Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cossette Communication.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter to HR in response to a position a friend told me about. I was contacted by a Talent Manager to have an over the phone interview. The interview lasted 20mins and was primarily behavioural questions. I was then scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. I met with two brand supervisors for a 45min interview and received an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work on this client? Why do you want to work at this agency? Why do you want to work in advertising? What are some ads you like right now? What about ads you don't like?   Answer Question