Country Meadows Retirement Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities.

Interview

extremely lengthy process (months lol) and poor lack of communication throughout. Didn't seem to really know what they were looking for. Pen and paper personality assessment very outdated but they place a lot of emphasis on it. Whole process disorganized. Several different people contacting you throughout.

Interview Questions

• a lot of situational questions.... how would you deal with this, what would you do if that happened, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Allentown, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Spoke with several individuals who asked a variety of questions, mostly about what you were applying for and your past experiences. There were questions about how you would handle particular situations.

Interview Questions

• A variety of questions, past experiences and what you can bring to the company   1 Answer

Human Resource Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities.

Interview

The interview process is extensive, but it is that way they said to protect the residents and was nothing more than you would expect in any large company. Two interviews, background checks, and references. They even let you Shadow before you take the job to see if you like it

Dining Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Reading, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I went into a building, told front desk I had an interview, she told me to sit down and wait so I waited and the interviewer came and took me to a private room and we had a nice little interview which was fairly easy except all the story questions she kept asking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Director of Neighborhood Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Like another interviewee said, I REALLY wanted to like this company. I had a phone interview, in-person interview and then interview with Exec. Director-onl a Saturday I might add. I felt very confident that I was going to have the job, as I was getting extremely positive feedback. I was told I would come shadow to see if the job was something I would like.

3 days later I get an email saying they filled the position. I was extremely confused. I checked with my references and they were never even contacted by the company, unlike the hiring manager had said.

Extremely confusing process, and wasted time interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an employee who didn't consistently come to work?   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeville, PA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Bridgeville, PA).

Interview

The interview process is a total joke. It takes forever for the HR lady to get back with you. I sent multiple emails and left multiple voicemails and it still took almost 3 weeks to hear back from her. At least some response to say hey we are still working on things would have been appropriate!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to follow a rule you didn't agree with. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. And after I started looking at other local places their pay is low.

Personal Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Allentown, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Country Meadows was rather arduous. I had a phone interview and scheduled my first interview for about a week later. My first in-person interview was with someone from HR that was from Hershey, not Allentown. She got annoyed when I asked about turnover rate and didn't know the last name of the founders of the company. When I asked how I could contact her for a follow-up she told me she didn't know an e-mail address I could reach her at. I then had a second interview a week later with someone else. She was very irritated from the moment she met me. She didn't even shake my hand. When we had the interview she mumbled a lot and I had to ask her to repeat the questions. She then hurried me out of the office. It then took two and a half weeks to get a rejection e-mail. This was an extreme time sink and I felt disrespected and felt like I was a distraction from their jobs.

The woman who interviewed me first was very polite. The residents were also very pleasant and easy to get along with. I had a great talk with one of them in the lobby before my interview. I just wished the managers were half as nice as the residents. I'm human too.

Dining Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Bethlehem, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sat down with HR director for independent living, she asked several questions about how I handle situations and how I would handle a presented situation when I was on the job

Interview Questions

• When bringing a beverages to a resident's table and two women have an issue, one wants another drink and the other wants bread, who do you serve first?   1 Answer

Community Life Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Mechanicsburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with Employment specialist, read the job description. Met one on one. Employment specialist made me wait 30 minutes. (After the 10 that I had waited because I was early). Then immediately met with two potential supervisors. Set up a shadow day.

Director of Wellness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities (Wyomissing, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Everybody talked to was nice and engaged in the conversation. They appeared to have knowledge of my resume and engaged more in conversation then typical question and answer. The whole process appeared to in depth making sure to hire the best candidate for the company and residents.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle staff that was not beneficial to residents?   1 Answer