County of Riverside Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at County of Riverside

2.7

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Your resume will never be selected. You may go on interviews but they always pick insiders

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Job openings are typically posted on the county website "rc-hr.com" as well as governmentjobs.com. A well made resume will include keywords mentioned in the job description for the desired position.

The appraiser position starts off as a trainee position unless the applicant is coming with previous experience in which case a candidate may be hired on as an Appraiser I or II depending on experience.

The interview process consists of about five to seven fairly generic questions involving subjects such as work prioritization, experience, and knowledge check questions in regards to real property taxation. After a successful initial interview a candidate will be invited back for a second interview, at which point an official college transcript will be required. The initial interview is typically carried out by two supervisors and the second interview will typically consist of several different supervisors and managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult but one that caught me off guard was "How did you prepare for this interview?" and then the dreaded but not completely unexpected "Why should we hire you as opposed to other candidates?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, wages are set by the union and only time will get you a raise.

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I have not recently applied for a position and have not actively interviewed in the County recruitment system. Interviews are, however, typically conducted using panels and all participants are asked the same set of questions. Resumes are helpful when being considered and allow for those considering you as an applicant to understand your full scope of work experience and skill sets.

Act Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Temp agency
    Asked why I wanted to work there
    If I have animal husbandry experience
    Do I have my own dogs
    They were very nice and read from a paper for all the interview questions

Interview Questions

• Temp agency
      Alder why I wanted to work there
      If I have animal husbandry experience
      Do I have my own dogs   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

One stage interview. There are several managers on the interview panel. They each ask you a series of questions relating to the job position. However, they ask the questions all at once, and you have to remember what's the next question to answer, which can be frustrating sometimes. Time limit isn't defined in the interview process. The interview questions are very job oriented.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with four people. There were some very specific questions and were very detailed. They were yes and no questions which made it hard to elaborate. They seemed nice however they did not give you much to work with. They asked very difficult questions that were hard to come up with answers for off of the top of your head. I wish I would have prepared better.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

You have to take a writing test. Ridiculous when most Analysts who have been there longer than they have been conducting the test can't write. Obviously, newer hires can. Interview is typically a panel where they ask you standard questions - nothing out of the ordinary. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, this is a public agency. You're placed at step 1 unless you ask to be placed higher and can prove that you should be. Then, it's up to the department and the board and a bunch of people who have no clue.

Interview

2-person panel interview. They'll ask you about 5 questions and write down your response. They won't make eye contact with you; however, they will have the questions in front of you. After the interview, they will ask you if you have any questions. They will then tell you how long it will take for them to get back to you.

Interview Questions

• They ask the typical situational questions.   1 Answer

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It went easy, the question were not so difficult. I was given the opportunity to hear them speak about the job, and they gave me the opportunity to say a little about myself. And we discuss the position and workplace.

Interview Questions

• What office skills did I have. Tell me a little about yourself. Why should we hire you. How did you hear about the position and what do you know about the company. What is your greatest professional achievement.   1 Answer

Nurse Interview

Interview

brief and easy. panel interview. second interview. It wasn't too difficulthare your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.