DFID Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DFID Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.6

Senior Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DFID in April 2017.

Interview

I was able to call the hiring manager and discuss the role before putting in an application, who was very approachable. Interview was with a panel of 3 & non-competency based

Interview Questions

• Wha do you see as the key objectives of this role over the next 6 months?   Answer Question
    • Tell us what we are doing well with on our social media output and what we could do better   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a digital idea you have come up with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DFID (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Before I got to the interview stage there was an online application and two tests. One was a a straightforward numerical reasoning test and the other was a situational judgement test. On successfully completing the online tests I was invited to attend an assessment centre. Here I had a group interview and an individual interview. The group interview required a group of us (6 in total) coming to an agreement over a common set of criteria for a certain project. The individual interview involved technical and competency based questions. The technical questions were in fact quite broad, and seemed to be focused on assessing your broader knowledge of the area you were applying for rather than specific technical expertise.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a work situation where you had and another person disagreed on the best way to approach a problem and you managed to change their mind.   1 Answer

International Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DFID (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Tough and multi-layered. It involved an interview, following competency-based format and assessing technical knowledge of the topic, a group test exercise, a 5-minute presentation on a topic provided just 20 minutes in advance and a written assessment on a hypothetical country in conflict, and an online psychometric assessment done in before the interview. The toughest part was participating in the group exercise, which involve trying to solve a maths problem as a group, but without knowledge of the others' information.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the pros and cons of two international donor organisations?   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DFID (Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)) in May 2014.

Interview

DFID interviews are based on the competency framework for each job or position. In my interview i was asked questions relating to my past experience, as well as given scenarios or situations in which i had to outline how i would deal with that case studies, using my skills and experience

The interviews usually last between 30 to 45 mins.

Assistant Programmer Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DFID (New Delhi (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a written test and later an interview. Overall, it was my one of the best interviews and the panel was up to the mark. After written test and interview, HR took ample of time for security check and providing an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Questions may vary from person to person and vacancies.   1 Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DFID (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Transfered from another government department, with both a formal interview panel and an informal interview. The formal process was challenging and competitive. The informal aspect was also important - it was clear that the hiring senior civil servant had spoken to colleagues in my home department about me. The post I was going for was 'hard to fill', partly because of location, so that helped.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about DALYs as a technique?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No scope to negotiate as already part of UK civil service moving on level transfer. The package was odd - not good on salary (I actually took a pay cut) but excessively generous on relocation (DFID relocates a lot of people overseas so has a comprehensive package).

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DFID in September 2010.

Interview

I received an email inquiring about my availability for the interview---scheduled for the following day. Upon my confirmation of availability, we agreed the exact hour. The phone interview was conducted by a panel of three, and lasted just half an hour. my questions were about my professional assets and my planned approach to the job functions. Interviewers were quite polite. A decision is pending as I submit this review.

Interview Questions

• What is your impression of the work environment in which the position is located?   Answer Question

Private Sector Development Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DFID in September 2009.

Interview

It was about a 5 hour interview. Consisted of a panel of three interviewers although one particular one controlled the interview. Lots of mining of information, not very clear on the success of their work. I got the impression that the interview was really an exercise in data mining. They have interesting projects but its difficult to tell if most were good only on paper.

Interview Questions

• What are the different models of privatization   Answer Question
    • What is the metric used to measure poverty?   2 Answers