DOJ Antitrust Division Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at DOJ Antitrust Division

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division.

Interview

Applied online through campus jobs website. Interviewed at a job fair. Interview was surprisingly informal, more resembling an info session than a rigorous interview. After job fair interview, I still had to reapply through USAJOBS months later.

Application

Interview

Job fair interview - one round

Interview Questions

• It was a conversation as opposed to a traditional interview. They only asked why I wanted to work in the Antitrust Division.   Answer Question

I decided to go to law school instead.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Very informal / conversational. Not that bad, but hard to get an interview (the DOJ gets a ton of applicants, and vets get first dibs). Once you get an interview, your chances go up dramatically. You also have to pass a drug / background test.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much all behavioral. What do you like to do in your free time? Why are you interested in law / prosecution, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then went to DC office for in-person interview; very relaxed; felt like we were just having a conversation about plans to go to law school and how I liked college

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked me about my qualifications processing data and working on statistical analysis. Was then asked to come down to DC where I met with two economists and the other RAs. Nice but I was not compensated and was very overwhelmed. Process was long and extended and I wasnt extended an offer until 4 months later.

Interview Questions

• What type of analysis did you use in your senior thesis.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

very lengthy. The interviewer was nice even thought after hired she passed away. Once she dies no one knew what was going on and to continue from her vision.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with difficult people   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division in April 2019.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with a Paralegal supervisor who essentially serves as an HR representative for the division. My interview was around 2 hours long, which I am told is fairly unique. I would say about 45 minutes of that consisted of answering various questions. The rest of the time, the hiring manager answered questions that I prepared and told me about their experience. I'm not sure how true this is, but I've been told by multiple people who work at the DOJ, that if you make it to the Paralegal interview stage, you essentially already have the job.

Interview Questions

• Name two of your strengths ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a group assignment that you have had either at work or in school? What was your role? Are you type A or type B?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Attended a recruiting "interview" that did not turn out to be an interview so much as an information session. Did not take much away from it other than that I should watch USA jobs for the posting.

Detective Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DOJ Antitrust Division in November 2010.

Interview

the application process is very long and drawn out. expect to wait as long as a year to end up at the academy. be sure to improve your professional skills any way possible while waiting for a slot. because the list can be ended unexpectedly and you want to have new skills to present the next time around