DP World Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DP World Interview Questions

Interviews at DP World

2.9

Accountant Interview

Interview

Interviewed for accounting position in Charlotte, NC. Manager was very nice. Did not get the job, probably, because of lock of experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the industry?   4 Answers

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stanford-le-Hope, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DP World (Stanford-le-Hope, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 4 stages to the interview process:
    - theoretical questionnaire
    - preliminary interview followed by an onsite theoretical questionnaire
    - technical interview
    The theoretical questionnaire was fairly difficult, but not impossible.
    And the interviews themselves were pretty relaxed. The interviewer made me feel at ease.
    It was a fun process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for the position? "Why should we hire you?"   2 Answers

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DP World (Southampton, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was long winded with about thirty questions. The people taking the interview were playing the good cop bad cop style. One of the interviewees looked totally disinterested as she rarely wrote anything down. The questions were irrelevant as the job was totally administration support and the questions were proper tough interview questions

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DP World (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a nightmare. Nobody informed me how to reach the HR office in Dubai, the taxi dropped me in the wrong location and I had to walk almost 1 kilometer in the heat. I needed a shower by the time I arrived. Not a good start. The HR guy sized me up and probably made up his mind at first glance. Interview consisted in this dude trying to impress me with his leadership. It is a joke

Interview Questions

• what is your leadership style.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DP World (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was disjointed. Different managers wanted to interview me (for the one job) to see how I would fit in, but no one seemed to have time that day and was only squeezed in for short rushed chats. This became a monologue by managers rather than a 2 way conversation. I left with many unanswered questions.

Interview Questions

• If I would be dedicated to the firm   1 Answer

Sustainability Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DP World (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2019.

Interview

I had a preliminary call about a week after the deadline for applications ended. Questions were pretty standard, focused on my background and experience of the GCC region. At the end of the call I was asked to come in for the interview a couple of days later.

Interviewers were friendly and straightforward. The questions focused on skills and what I saw myself bringing to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you supported a team member's development.   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DP World in June 2016.

Interview

Really nice interview, fairly relaxed and i was put at ease. I was asked what i could bring to the role and what i knew about DP World and the manager went through my CV.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DP World (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2010.

Interview

DP World UAE region has an excellent team which takes cares of recruitment, induction and placements. I was moved from Dubai World to DP World when our Dept was restructured based on my performance and winner of Ideas UK International competition in 2007 as well as considered my 11 years experience with outstanding performance award from our chairman and moreover the only experienced person in employee involvement and ideas management at that time, and hence did not went through normal formalities.

Negotiation

It was a mutual agreement

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DP World (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in October 2017.

Interview

It is composed of four steps such as HR interview, modeling test, interview with directors or team members, and interview with executives. The modeling test might be a unique process. A summary of specific information is given via email. Then, applicants should submit the results within the specified time.

Interview Questions

• Why DP World? And, describe yourself based on the resume.   Answer Question
    • Credentials and my roles about ports-related projects from the work experience. My contribution and takeaways are key points.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DP World in April 2010.

Interview

I've done the ACN interview (for analyst) and there was 3 rounds of behavioral.
    1st round with level 1 manager.
    2nd round with higher level manager.
    3rd round with 2 senior execs.