Dallas County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dallas County Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.8

Clerk II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas County in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not long. They asked about 3 questions on multi tasking skills. Three people interviewed me all at once. *Prepare on interview questions and answers.* Took a typing, spelling, and grammar test. *Study on commonly mispelled words and singular/plural possessive ('s and s').* When I passed I received an offer via phone which I accepted.

Audit Supervisor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel which asked several question, atmosphere was relaxed, they were late so I had to wait. There is no free parking downtown. They were nervous and seemed unprepared and could not answer my question on key point indicators.

Interview Questions

• Questions covered accounts payable and auditing invoices.   1 Answer

Electronic Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dallas County.

Interview

Took place in the engine room. Head manager asked questions relating to what you know. He writes it all down. Somewhat intimidating atmosphere if you're not used to this. He wants to know you're technical skill relating to the position. Electronic tech deals with mechanical repair on doors, installing bulbs and ballast in light fixtures (277v),installation of exit lights (480v), changing air filters in air handlers, knowing basics about computer logic and how relays work., plumbing (unclogging drains using a snake,plunging toilets), Wielding is a + but not required. Also helps if you know how a closed loop system works for ac/heating (water in from reservoir, runs through filter, into a chiller etc). Know you're tools, tho only tools you will ever use will be, flat head, Phillips, wire stripper/cutters, tape measure, box cutter, ratchet (1/8th socket) and security bits (provided), rubber mallet, pliers, adjustable wrench. You have to provide you're own tools excluding security bits, drill bits.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining towards sorting conflicts in the workplace. Safety questions and previous achievement or recognition by managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was non negotiable, the salary analysis was done prior from going to the interview. Salary is based off of experience and education. Associate degree accounts for 4 years relevant experience. Bachelors is 8 years relevant, pay is adjusted accordingly. This rule of thumb goes for all positions in Dallas county. All full time employees get full benefits standard, 7% mandatory into 401k. Lost about $4 a hour after all benefits and taxes were taken out of check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Made an application online at dallas county website, and I got a call three weeks later for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? How is your learning style? Fast learner or slow. How is your time management? If you were having a problem with a co worker how would you handle the situation? What would your past employers say about you?   1 Answer

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a panel interview with five people each asking three questions. The questions were general in nature. Some were in my opinion were weak and dealt more with beliefs than skills and abilities. The questions were more subjective than objective The questions were geared more toward personality type, beliefs, and working as a team. Very little about skills, and experience. However, it is an entry level job, therefore training was required.

Interview Questions

• If one of your co-workers was falling behind on deal lines for completing necessary paperwork, is it your obligation to assist.   2 Answers

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I thought the interviewer was very rude. The interview seemed to have nothing to do with any skills or talents, but mainly just the interviewer's impressions/misconceptions of who I was and what my political leanings were. Very strange altogether and pretty uncomfortable at points.

Interview Questions

• Their first question was for me to tell them something about myself that was not on my resume. It was just very unexpected.   Answer Question

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Met with a team of seasoned IT Execs to discuss the hiring process, needs of the company, issues, concerns, motivation, embracing new technologies, changing the IT culture, having a can do attitude at all cost, project management, operations, help desk, desktop support, and working with multiple vendors. Dallas County is on the way up. This would be a tremendous opportunity and I am eager for the results!!!

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the IT Team.   1 Answer
    • What is your weakness.   1 Answer

Clerk II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas County.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was called for an interview 2 weeks later. I had a one on one interview with the HR manager and told they would call in a few days after a background check and typing test. I heard back within 4 days and was sent an official job offer via email. After accepting, I had to attend an orientation before starting training. The interview questions were very basic. "How would you handle an angry customer?" "How do you deal with pressure?"

Interview Questions

• "If someone offered you money to look the other way, how would you handle it?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.