Dallas County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dallas County Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.7

Psychologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dallas County.

Interview

The team utilized a structured interview form for the first interview, which seemed to be fair and relevant to the interview. The only negative or area of improvement would be to speed up the hiring process, as it usually takes up to 6 months to go through the human resources department.

Interview Questions

• List all of your educational and practicum experience.   1 Answer

Interview

Good. Typical friendly questions and very nice talking. Do not take a long time for them to call about the interview after I applied. The process is not really long, but paperwork took longer afer Kind of like just sitting and visiting with friends.

ADA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Good. Friendly questions. Easy meeting. Took a long time for them to call about interview after I applied. Enjoyed the process. Kind of like just sitting and visiting with friends.

Interview Questions

• Would I like the small spaces and work rooms where ADAs work.   Answer Question

Clerk II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas County in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not long. They asked about 3 questions on multi tasking skills. Three people interviewed me all at once. *Prepare on interview questions and answers.* Took a typing, spelling, and grammar test. *Study on commonly mispelled words and singular/plural possessive ('s and s').* When I passed I received an offer via phone which I accepted.

JSO Lll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic questions about position not really any personal questions during interview. Long process. Still waiting on fingerprints to come back approved. Comfortable environment. Be prpares to answer questions specially about the position you are applying to

Interview Questions

• How to deescalate disruptive individual   2 Answers

Deputy Clerk I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy, as long as you prepare yourself for the interview and arrive early to your interview then you should do well. Make sure to do research on the department, have questions readily available to ask during some time in the interview. Also, you maybe tested with a typing test depending on the position and department that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do other job duties because, I have a special project that I want you to work on?
      How would you describe yourself working in a team environment?   Answer Question

Audit Supervisor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel which asked several question, atmosphere was relaxed, they were late so I had to wait. There is no free parking downtown. They were nervous and seemed unprepared and could not answer my question on key point indicators.

Interview Questions

• Questions covered accounts payable and auditing invoices.   1 Answer

Electronic Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dallas County.

Interview

Took place in the engine room. Head manager asked questions relating to what you know. He writes it all down. Somewhat intimidating atmosphere if you're not used to this. He wants to know you're technical skill relating to the position. Electronic tech deals with mechanical repair on doors, installing bulbs and ballast in light fixtures (277v),installation of exit lights (480v), changing air filters in air handlers, knowing basics about computer logic and how relays work., plumbing (unclogging drains using a snake,plunging toilets), Wielding is a + but not required. Also helps if you know how a closed loop system works for ac/heating (water in from reservoir, runs through filter, into a chiller etc). Know you're tools, tho only tools you will ever use will be, flat head, Phillips, wire stripper/cutters, tape measure, box cutter, ratchet (1/8th socket) and security bits (provided), rubber mallet, pliers, adjustable wrench. You have to provide you're own tools excluding security bits, drill bits.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining towards sorting conflicts in the workplace. Safety questions and previous achievement or recognition by managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay was non negotiable, the salary analysis was done prior from going to the interview. Salary is based off of experience and education. Associate degree accounts for 4 years relevant experience. Bachelors is 8 years relevant, pay is adjusted accordingly. This rule of thumb goes for all positions in Dallas county. All full time employees get full benefits standard, 7% mandatory into 401k. Lost about $4 a hour after all benefits and taxes were taken out of check.

Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Made an application online at dallas county website, and I got a call three weeks later for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses? How is your learning style? Fast learner or slow. How is your time management? If you were having a problem with a co worker how would you handle the situation? What would your past employers say about you?   1 Answer

Juvenile Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dallas County (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a panel interview with five people each asking three questions. The questions were general in nature. Some were in my opinion were weak and dealt more with beliefs than skills and abilities. The questions were more subjective than objective The questions were geared more toward personality type, beliefs, and working as a team. Very little about skills, and experience. However, it is an entry level job, therefore training was required.

Interview Questions

• If one of your co-workers was falling behind on deal lines for completing necessary paperwork, is it your obligation to assist.   2 Answers