Dart Container Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dart Container

Sort:

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Very long - seems as though a hiring network found me. The guy, Doug Cain, called me almost on a daily basis to basically talk about nothing. He would rattle off the same thing every time and it was almost as if he enjoyed listening to himself talk. Told me I was to conduct 2-3 fact finding service calls to local businesses. When I finally did my interview, I was barely asked about this "experiment" even though it took 5 hours of my time. I also was required to drive an hour to a hotel where the interview was conducted. The interview itself then proceeded to take 2 hours - in the hiring manager's hotel room. (very creepy) The gentleman that interviewed me was very awkward and seemed like he didn't even know the answers he was seeking. He seemed to not know anything about the position he was interviewing for as well. He asked me to role play and then didn't speak at all or ask me any questions for me to combat. He never clarified the questions and seemed to be content relaying vague information. The way he explained manufacturing was totally confusing and I wasn't sure if we were an external sales company or if we actually were Dart employees. I answered inquiries about my previous employer and our marketing hours for about 45 minutes while the hiring manager struggled to understand my answers. It was as simple as : how many hours per week were you immersed in sales calls, cold calls, and service calls? I had specific numbers and times of the day I would focus on marketing as I grew my operation at 33% over 2 years and he was unable to wrap his finger around what I was saying. I am still baffled by this interview as it was the most uncomfortable, unorganized, and confusing "sit downs" I have ever been a part of. He really seemed to have high anxiety.
    In the end, I wasn't even notified I wasn't offered the job. I called them 2 weeks after the interview. When I called the recruiter he didn't answer right away which was odd because he called my phone all the time leading up to the interview. When I asked him for feedback he told me I did great; So I never came away with the reason why I wasn't offered the job so I could improve. Between conversating over the phone, conducting sales calls, and the interview itself, I probably wasted a good 15 hours of my time with this interview process and I didn't even come away with constructive criticism.
    I would not recommend this company to anyone else as it seems dysfunctional.

Interview Questions

• It was difficult dealing with the recruiter as he would call me every 10 minutes until I would answer as if I wasn't interviewing for other positions. It was also very frustrating trying to explain management scenarios to the interviewer. He was very easily confused which made the process difficult.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I got through all 3 interviews for them to tell my recruiter, that they decided not to fill the position. A 1hr phone interview, a 3 hour HR interview and another 3 hour interview, with 4 people sitting in on it. A waste of my time, my recruiters time and their companies time.

Interview Questions

• -How do you handle a price objection?
      -Explain one of your best accomplishments with your current job.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dart Container (Lake Forest, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and 5 weeks later received an email asking me to call a phone number listed. Called and set up a phone interview. I asked if this would be with the hiring manager and was told no and was not given any other details of who I would be speaking with. Received a call from an HR person at the scheduled time which was the next morning. I was then asked if it was okay if the conversation would be recorded for the hiring manager. The HR person then proceeded to read off a list of questions from the hiring manager. I was really put off by this since I prepared for an HR phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leola, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dart Container (Leola, PA).

Interview

Simple and easy. All they cared about was hand eye coordination. They did a very simple test. All you had to do was move blocks with one hand from one spot to another. In the right colors.

Anonymous Employee in Plant City, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dart Container (Plant City, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked my previous experience... If interview goes well then you take a timed skill test.. Once you pass then you take a walkthrough off the plant and come back for orientation, given your schedule then you start

Interview Questions

• What kind of contributions do I have to offer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dart Container (Lithonia, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Most questions were like an assessment test. Relaxed atmosphere , very friendly interviewer. Questions about my previous job . Lots of info about the company's history, the benefits, the pay scale.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a co worker got heated with you!   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mason, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container (Mason, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with an online application, then a call/conversation with HR, then a phone interview, then an in person interview, then 2 weeks before landing job. Phone interview and in-person interview were both difficult.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

A mix of technical questions and behavioral. The technical questions were not hard, they were just mental math based. Nothing too hard, the interviewer didn't seem that engaged or interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy with your GPA?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dart Container in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR to schedule the interview. Then next round was telephonic technical round which consisted of 4-5 team members. The question were based on points I mentioned in my resume. The interview lasted for about an hour. The team was friendly and was interested to know about my expectations.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dart Container.

Interview

Simple process. very cordial. not difficult. did phone interview followed with on site face to face with HR and Plant Manager. Third interview with Plant Manager and offer made via telephone by HR Mngr