Defy Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Defy Media

Intern Interview

Interview

Same as any interview. They just want to know who you are and your qualifications. The interviewers were easy to talk to and. Simple and easy nothing to stress about. Just be yourself and be prepared.

Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defy Media (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took two weeks. It included a phone call, an in-person interview, a round of written referrals from colleagues, and a background check (to verify my education). I found the ad for the position on LinkedIn and sent in a resume on a whim thinking I'd never hear back.

Publisher Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defy Media (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process with Defy Media was a positive and easy experience. The internal recruiter was open, easy to communicate with, and informative. In addition, the whole process was organized efficiently. I was treated with respect throughout the interviews by the whole team. I would highly recommend Defy Media as a whole and the professionalism shined through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with programmatic sales?

Can you discuss your sales process?   Answer Question

Publisher Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Defy Media (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 2 weeks from in house recruiter to set up a phone interview with my supervisor. After that went well, I had 3 in person interviews back-to-back with my supervisor and 2 team member. Final round was a phone call with VP in NYC.

Process was quick and straight forward. The recruiter was great about keeping me in the loop the whole time and made me feel welcome the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Pretty general questions overall that you would expect, but ones specific to this sales/biz dev role included:
      - Why do you want to work in publisher development?
      - Tell me about how you find your prospects?
      - Tell me about a time a client was unhappy and how did you resolve it?
      - Have you ever had a disagreement with someone you worked with, specifically on your team, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defy Media (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Overall, I found the interview process very positive and easy. The recruiter provided all the information I needed so I was fully prepared. He was very inviting and helpful throughout the entire process. I felt very comfortable asking any additional questions to both the recruiter and the hiring manager.

When going in for my in-person interview I found the environment casual and relaxing. When the interview was finished I was given a time frame as to when I should be contacted about the position. The recruiter reassured me if he heard back sooner he would let me know. This was very refreshing as some places don't provide this level of detail or reassurance.

Interview Questions

• I was asked standard interview questions. A lot of questions asking my previous software experience.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Defy Media (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

A friend had just started working at the director level in Product and referred me to a C-level associate for an in-house interview. I sat down for an hour with the C-level associate, and another hour with the engineering team

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic discovery, geared to my experiences and acquired skill set in running my previous co, which had ceased to become profitable and hence the new job search.   Answer Question