Doremus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doremus (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The assistant to one of the directors invited me to an interview with a director. The director was very friendly and asked me questions about my professional history. It was a pleasant experience.

Media Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doremus.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone - 30 minutes with one employee and 30 minutes with another. They each asked me a few questions, starting with describing myself and past experiences.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doremus in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was an onsite interview. Originally, I was scheduled to meet with 5 team members. After I finished with the first person, the recruiter said I needed to reschedule you to come another since there's an emergency meeting that team members needed to attend. 2 days after I got an email said that they want to pursue with another candidate.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Doremus (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very efficient series of interviews with the agency leadership and strategy team. They were very responsive and scheduled interviews quickly. I very much appreciated the follow-up from the HR department on where things stood. Not something that happens often enough. Very well done and professional.

Interview Questions

• How I approach strategy development and what tools I have used in the past.   Answer Question

Experience Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Doremus in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to interview onsite without an initial phone screen or conversation with a hiring manager. Went to on-site interviews and met with a few people during my half day there. All interesting conversations and great people. Was asked by the hiring manager to contact them after to set up a time to discuss/debrief. We sent a few emails back and forth with light replies, but communications afterwards was minimal. After waiting a few weeks, I withdrew from the interview process and accepted another opportunity due to lack of timely follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your past work and experiences.   Answer Question

Experience Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Doremus (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted for an in-person interview (no phone interview). Met with a few people including the person I'd work for. All in all, was a pleasant experience and nice people. Left with talks of setting up another meet and greet with more staff. Was asked to send along work samples then never heard back, even after a few email follow-ups. Disappointed to have taken time off my current job and prepared work samples without hearing back. Seemed like a great place to work, however I know they have lost some larger clients, so perhaps that changed the job opportunities.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Doremus (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Since I was located in North Carolina at the time of the interview, I conducted two phone interviews. My interviewers were very flexible since I was so far away. I was interview first by two senior members of the Account team. My second interview was with the Manager of Client Relations.

Interview Questions

• What is a current brand campaign that you admire, and why do you admire it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Really easy, talk about relevant experiences and why you think you are a good fit for the type of internship you are being considered for. They are very nice. It will be a phone interview then an in-person interview

New Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doremus (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was contacted the next day after submitting resume. No phone screening, asked to come in for an in-person interview. As other reviews have stated, the receptionist handles scheduling the interview process. I spoke with 2 individuals who were relatively unprepared and had not previously reviewed my resume. After the 2nd interview, they informed me that the other interviews for the day had unexpectedly been pulled into meetings and they would be in touch. Received a generic email from the receptionist a week later stating they would pursing other candidates.

Understand if there were other candidates that were a better fit. I don't understand why they would do a phone screening or at least resume review prior to setting up in-person interviews. Was a complete waste of time to travel to their office to inform them of things they could have discovered had they actually spent some time reviewing applicants. Overall very unprofessional hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Of modern marketing techniques, what intrigues you the most?   Answer Question

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Doremus (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted about 3 hours. I interviewed with 6 different people, all on the creative end who I'd be working with. Some of them drilled me more on the advertising copywriting end and how I approached certain tasks. Most just chatted with me and wanted to see my personality. It was a mixture of one on one interviews and groups of 2 people interviewing me. They gave me a freelance offer and later a full time offer with benefits.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was comfortable working on B2B. It felt like more of a personality interview. They did ask me to write 3 Top 10 lists in the style of David Letterman which I send them about a week later.   Answer Question