Duquesne University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duquesne University Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

1.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duquesne University.

Interview

A brief phone call where they asked 3-5 vaguely related questions. 80% of the time was spent describing day to day implying they had already decided to hire me. The position was offered immediately at the conclusion of the phone interview. Salary stated on phone was lowered on actual paper offer, very disappointing but still a good opportunity for a free degree. Very little of the day to day description was accurate but the job is very different depending on who you work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your familiarity with APA, MLA, and Chicago style   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Duquesne University.

Interview

I knew the hiring advisor as I did my PhD with him. He required someone to start very soon to train first year graduate students. The job was a great match as I knew the place and work very well.

Interview Questions

• How long will you be available for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. In a week, I was interviewed by the department, it was an easy interview. They asked me about my experience in research. Two days later, I received an offer, and accepted the job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very warm interview, kind people. Professional atmosphere, rewarding experience. A great place for opportunity and professional growth. Welcoming atmosphere, please take and eager to answer questions. Eager to get to know you as a person and professional.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process is fairly easy when I applied graduate assistant position. If you have high GPA and maintain full-time in graduate school, you probably will get the job. But you need to keep your GPA no less than 3.5 in order to keep your job.

Interview Questions

• I don't really think the interview questions are difficult, just some general questions about your classes.   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I came in for an appointment with two supervisors, and they asked me various questions about how I would handle certain situations that might be presented on the phone with a customer. They evaluated my answers, coached me on how to sound professional, and explained more about the goals and incentives that the department had to offer to its most successful employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a person on the phone who sounds angry or upset that you called them asking for donations for the university?   Answer Question

Desk Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Structured and to the point. All applicants were given a date to come in for an interview. Applicants knew within a week whether or not they received the position. Interviewers were very personable and kind. Extremely comfortable interview.

Work Study Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through HR, and they matched me with a job they thought I would be good at. It was a simple process. It was seamless, and it really helped me adjust to college.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duquesne University.

Interview

I did not go through a typical formal interview, it was more of a chat with my supervisor.However, I submitted a letter of application prior to our discussion in which I detailed the elements that make me a good candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, the employers just want to get to know you. Be yourself!   Answer Question

Computer Lab Aid Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was simple. There was one interview with the person that ran the lab. The interview consisted of her basically explaining how the lab operates and the responsibilities of a lab aid. There were not many questions asked of me. It was pretty much a guaranteed job offer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this position knowing the responsibilities?   1 Answer