Elanco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Elanco Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

3.1

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Elanco.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. Did a 30 minute phone interview. Received a call to do a in-person interview in Greenfield a week later. The whole process was very smooth. The interview consisted of a STAR type interview with 5 different people.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Elanco.

Interview

On campus and on site interviews. Received interview through career fair. It was a good experience.
    There were two interviews. Questions are related to the marketing position and leadership. Overall interview experience was very friendly and welcoming.

Manager Interview

Interview

Elanco uses the standard situational questions. "Tell me about a time when you...". You'll meet with HR, the hiring manager, plus one or two other people. It's pretty standard. They will then meet to discuss all of the candidates and make a decision based on how you answered all of the questions.

Senior Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Elanco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was efficient, professional, and through. Standard behavioral interview, with rigorous questions, but if you know your stuff, you'll be fine. I met with several people back to back, but one on one. Although they did have a list of questions as guidelines, the interview itself was very conversational. People were very friendly and I was at ease the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Describe the one kind of person you can't stand working with.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elanco (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to a university info session and submitted my resume. I got a response in about a week for an interview. The interview was one behavioral question, one technical question and one leadership question.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge when you had to be a leader and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Larchwood, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Elanco (Larchwood, IA) in July 2016.

Interview

They generally do 3-4 one hour long interviews. Each hour is with a different interviewer. They will have the candidate in a room and have the interviewers take turns coming in. They are very welcoming and are not intimidating in my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you worked on and it did not go according to plan. What happened, what did you learn and what would you have changed?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Elanco (Greenfield, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Elanco, like the parent company uses "Targeted Selection" interviewing process. They ask leading questions with scenarios and expect you to respond in the "STAR" format - Situation/Task/Action/Result. As recently as 2017, Elanco specifically has changed their interviewing practices and no longer emphasizes the STAR format, but anyone interviewing at Elanco that can still form their responses using that format will do well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was an internal job posting, so there was no negotiating as my existing salary transferred.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elanco (West Lafayette, IN).

Interview

College Campus interview. Lady I interviewed with was EXTREMELY unprofessional. Gave me interview when I met her at career fair. Then never got back to me. I thought it was my email or computer problems. Apparently not. She forgot. She lied... Then said she could fit me in, but she had an opening all along. And this is the short story...

Business Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Elanco (Augusta, GA).

Interview

Technical phone screening interview followed by onsite multi-departmental 1:1 interviews. Everyone was supposed to follow a specific tract using the STAR format, but a more informal conversation occurred which was more beneficial to both parties in making a selection.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Elanco (Greenfield, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview panel was 3 consecutive 45 minute interviews. Very laid back employees that interview, really want to know your character and what your passion is. I was recruited from campus, had one interview the next day, and then was chosen for the Greenfield, IN interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic situational STAR interview questions.
      Tell me about a time you had to work in a difficult team?
      Lots of team building questions, and they want to see leadership skills.
      Very pleasant conversation and will be asked the same questions rephrased in every interview session.   Answer Question