Empire Merchants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Empire Merchants

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Empire Merchants (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long. First interviewed, the recruiter called me. We had a phone interviewed, asked all the basic questions. After two weeks, recruiter, contacted me. He told me, the hiring manager wants to meet in person. I went on the second interview onsite - the hiring manager asked me several technical questions. The next day, the recruiter called, he told me, they want to bring me back for second interview with an engineer. This time, it will be a phone interview. Phone interview went well, engineer asked me a lot of exchange questions, and Vmware. After a week, Recruiter called, he told me, they want to bring me onsite, to meet with the CIO. I finally met with the CIO, he asked similar questions. I thought i did well, the was the last time i heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? why did you applied for this position?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empire Merchants (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

They made you wait for over a half hour. Then I was lead into a tiny room where I was told someone would be right with me. 15 minutes later. I was interviewed by Jim who told me that there was a mix up and that the job offered wasn't supposed to have an hourly salary just commission but I was hired if I wanted the job. NOT ONE QUESTION WAS ASKED AND YOU HIRE ME???? What a horrible experience and I do not recommend this place to anyone, they are not truthful to their word and the whole place seems shady. If you lie on your ad than why should I trust that you will pay me my commission when I earn it?

Interview Questions

• Will you work on commission   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Empire Merchants (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

There wasn't no interview process they had us all in a break room it was an long line of people we fill out the application and they call you later on that night to start or the following day

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Empire Merchants (Astoria, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Two interviews that had to be done, none of them were too stringent. They ask you very simple questions based on all the wine, liquor and cocktail knowledge you may know. The first interview is with you manager and if they see that you are qualified then you continue on to the next.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions   2 Answers

Negotiation

There are no negotiations.