Energy BBDO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Energy BBDO Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.5

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Energy BBDO.

Interview

Had two informational interviews with Energy BBDO employees, who referred me to HR. Then had a 30-minute interview with HR, followed by a 30-45 minute interview with a Strategist about two weeks later. They got back to me in about two weeks.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL).

Interview

contacted via linkedin, took 3 weeks to get an interview at the office. Had a normal phone call screening then was invited to come to the office. there were 4 interviews set up, met with a few different people across various departments.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I do have to say that if you have people inside the agency that are interested in the position or are up for a promotion, you should not coordinate interviews with outside candidates and waste their time for something that at the end you know it will not happen. I'm definitely glad that they are promoting from the inside but make this assessment before starting the interview process with outside candidates.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -Why are you looking for new opportunities?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone screening with someone from Energy BBDO's HR department. Next, you have another phone screening with the financial controller. If they are interested, you are invited for a an interview with the CFO at the company premesis. The entire process took about a week and a half from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 criteria you look for in determining if you want a position?   Answer Question

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone calls, applied with resume online, was matched up with people because I knew someone prior. We talked on the phone a few times then I came in to meet some of the people in the office. They were so kind and willing to answer my questions. Make sure you bring questions and an eager personality.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed as an art director / copywriter team. Long, arduous, although everyone was very friendly. Flew us in on red-eyes so we weren't particularly "fresh" and bubbly for the 8 hours of selling ourselves. Everyone seemed happy to take the time to talk to us and spoke well of the agency, probably too well.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project to work on?   1 Answer

Junior Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Energy BBDO in February 2014.

Interview

Recruited at my University for a AAE position but I was candid about wanting a job in planning and they were able to set up interviews for me in their office the next day. Met with 5-6 brand and digital planners and was given an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince yourself that you enjoyed being the planner on a brand that's considered "not so sexy?"   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Energy BBDO (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a recruiting event and we spoke 2-3 more times after. Months later, she reached out to me in March asking if i was interested in Summer Internship position and i accepted. They only gave a week to think over. The Summer Internship overall was a great experience except my supervisor didn't have time to mentor me, which made my individual project with her much harder. Energy BBDO provides a summer project for the interns and intern group gets split in half to compete each other. I thought that was something that actually made us work and use our brain the most. Overall great people and fun place to work!

Intern Interview

Interview

Was over the phone and pretty pain less. I had been selected through an associate creative director reviewing my work at a portfolio review where they liked my work. To be entirely honest I am filling this space here after to comply with the amount of writing required by this site.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Energy BBDO in May 2013.

Interview

interview/hiring process was fairly quick. I received a phone interview first and was called back for an in-person interview where I spoke with my team members. After a few weeks, I was contacted and told I had been accepted.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical. They asked about my academic activities, work experience and scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The intern rate is pretty flat. There was no negotiation.