Essroc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Essroc Interview Questions

2.6

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Essroc (Bath, PA).

Interview

Hired through an employment firm (recruiters), the process was typical. Once identified as a candidate for two roles in 1999, I met with the director of the department I would eventually join. He was more interested in putting me in a position that I had already done for 3 years. I was more interested in the second role where I could expand upon my previous experience and learn new things.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Essroc?   1 Answer

Summer Help Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Essroc (Logansport, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a typical interview. I was interviewed by the HR manager and the Production Manager. I know for full time interviews they bring a 3rd person into the room. They did a STAR interview format. They ask you a question and you have to answer by stating the situation, task, action, and result. the interview lasted about an hour. Also asked me about prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you were in a leadership position and how did it go   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Essroc (Nazareth, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was quite long and drawn out, the interviewers seemed chaotic, unprepared. Interviewers choose to focus on thinly veiled trick question contrived to trip you up rather than, questions to determine leadership style, fit or competence level. I am unconvinced that the information asked could actually determine suitability to perform the duties required.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this opening?   1 Answer

ENG Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Essroc.

Interview

The first interview was informal and involved meeting with a regional HR manager at a small restaurant for supper. He explained the program and talked about the company and what it does as well as the type of environment that I would be working in. He only asked a few questions about what kind of job I was looking for and whether I thought that this one sounded like a good fit for me after he had explained it better. He offered me a second interview at Essroc's Martinsburg plant before we left the restaurant. I had this interview about a week later. Essroc reimbursed me for my travel expenses and paid for and reserved a hotel room for me to stay in before my interview date. When I arrived at the plant, I was given a tour that lasted about 30 minutes during the time before my actual interview because I arrived early. From about 9 a.m. to noon, I was moving from person to person to either be interviewed or to let them give me their perspective of the position and the plant in general. During this time, I was interviewed by the engineer in charge of process engineering and the engineer in charge of maintenance engineering. They asked questions about my resume including questions about my classes, my work history, and my skills. They asked questions about my hobbies and about my personality (introvert vs extrovert). After the interviews, I went to lunch with the HR manager and was given a tour of the surrounding area.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream job and why don't you have it / why aren't you pursuing it?   Answer Question

Vice President, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorado, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Essroc (Dorado, PR).

Interview

Very Informal. The staff take a chance to interviewed and make his opinion ;some credentials ; Medical and drug test required.

Negotiation

good salary; company car plus expenses and insurance;end of year bonus

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nazareth, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Essroc (Nazareth, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager, SVP of HR, and 2 analyst. I was told I would be called when they made their decision. I was called within 3 business days and was hired temp to perm. I was hired permanent in 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Essroc (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

This company is now looking to those with degrees and/or military service. Hourly pay ranges depending on the rated job obtained and there can be mandatory overtime. Salary for management workers (supervisors and up). New hire resumes taken online and if accepted the initial interview will be a phone interview. Then an in person interview is passing the phone one. Existing employees looking to be promoted or asked to take a job do not have a interview per se, but should proceed with caution.

Interview Questions

• They offered to let some keep the worker retirement age of minimum 57/full worker benefits even though others offered the job had to agree to suspend what pension they had earned and accept management benefits and being able to retire and collect at age 67.   Answer Question

Supervisor job had intrusive working hours that would affect not only my family, but studies have shown also can affect a person's health.

Instrumentation and Contorls Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Essroc (Martinsburg, WV) in April 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional. They asked my age, marital status and if I had kids or not. Those who interviewed me could hardly speak English and swore a lot. It was actually one of the funniest times in my life.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Professional

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Picton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Essroc (Picton, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty stereotypical review process. First meet with a HR person who went over points on my resume and asked questions gauging the interest in the position and technical qualifications. Then right after and more importantly, met with the engineering site manager and another representative who judge how well my personality would fit into the essroc community and what I was willing to offer.