European Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

European Commission Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.7

Bluebook Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at European Commission.

Interview

I applied on August 2012. I received an acceptance email on December. I sent many emails to Heads of Unit, Officers and Directors. Many of them answered me. Also a director answered me telling me that I forwarded my email to the HR. Then, on February I received an offer and I accepted it. I started on 1st March 2013.

Civil Servant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at European Commission.

Interview

The selection process is bureaucratic. You have to fill in heaps of forms. You are invited to test several times. The questions they ask are stupid and only factual information is asked. Hardly any analytical competence is asked or required. Apparently now there is some sort of assessment centre approach. However, you still have to do heaps of "stupid" test series before arriving at this stage!

Interview Questions

• Is there free mobility of means of transport between European Member States?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at European Commission in June 2012.

Interview

Assuming you have passed one of the concours or recruitment processes, one needs to get an invitation for a position.

It was for a contractual agent positions in my case.

Highly standardised interviews in order to make the interview comparable. One needs to know how to solve real life problems of the jobs, e.g. a case study.

The interview panel always contains of at least 3 persons, including one representative from the staff or union member.

Interview Questions

• One question I always encounter was the motivation to work for the European Commission.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)) in December 2017.

Interview

A call has been advertised on EUCS websites, applied by e-mail. Shortlisted and interviewed by a panel consisted of 4 agency members (one observer, three officials - Head of unit, Developer and PM)

Interview Questions

• How would connect you education with your current possition?
      Can you describe a typical application layer?
      Do you know we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation about the offer!

CONTRACT AGENT Interview

Interview

2-stage interview with the Head of Unit and then with the Director.
    The first interview is the most important as the final candidates get pre-selected and then get proposed to the higher management for final decision or approval.

Interview Questions

• Experience on the specific field of work, knowledge of EU policies   Answer Question

Policy Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2017.

Interview

A full medical examination followed by two interviews with two separate panels. One interview covered personal skills and work history, the other focused on specific knowledge required for the job.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

The interview was made through phone. Questions were about my past experience in Project management and working with EC specialized programs. It was very much valued tat I had previous experience working in the same organisation.

Interview Questions

• Have you previously worked at the EC?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview started with a brief description of my professional experiences and the biggest achievement.

Then I was asked a couple technical questions, nothing too difficult.
    Finally I had the opportunity to ask questions myself.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a topic and a queue?   Answer Question
    • Several Java multiple answer questions, code analysis and programming exercises.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ispra (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Commission (Ispra (Italy)).

Interview

Personal interview at working location. I was interviewed by action leader and Head of Unit plus one person from HR supervised the session. It was a very smooth and nice atmosphere. No pressure!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a mail regarding the skype/telephonic interview by the project manager. The interview happened view telephone for around 50mins with architect, lead and the project manager. Manager introduced to what team does follow by technical interview by architect and lead. In the end I had few questions with respect to technology stack and few process oriented questions.