European Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

European Commission Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.7

Bluebook Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at European Commission.

Interview

I applied on August 2012. I received an acceptance email on December. I sent many emails to Heads of Unit, Officers and Directors. Many of them answered me. Also a director answered me telling me that I forwarded my email to the HR. Then, on February I received an offer and I accepted it. I started on 1st March 2013.

Civil Servant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at European Commission.

Interview

The selection process is bureaucratic. You have to fill in heaps of forms. You are invited to test several times. The questions they ask are stupid and only factual information is asked. Hardly any analytical competence is asked or required. Apparently now there is some sort of assessment centre approach. However, you still have to do heaps of "stupid" test series before arriving at this stage!

Interview Questions

• Is there free mobility of means of transport between European Member States?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at European Commission in June 2012.

Interview

Assuming you have passed one of the concours or recruitment processes, one needs to get an invitation for a position.

It was for a contractual agent positions in my case.

Highly standardised interviews in order to make the interview comparable. One needs to know how to solve real life problems of the jobs, e.g. a case study.

The interview panel always contains of at least 3 persons, including one representative from the staff or union member.

Interview Questions

• One question I always encounter was the motivation to work for the European Commission.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a mail regarding the skype/telephonic interview by the project manager. The interview happened view telephone for around 50mins with architect, lead and the project manager. Manager introduced to what team does follow by technical interview by architect and lead. In the end I had few questions with respect to technology stack and few process oriented questions.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ispra (Italy)

Interview

I participated in a competition of EPSO selection. I passed the CBT (Computer based test) and, after several months, I had an interview. There was a panel of 6 people from different departments.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ispra (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at European Commission (Ispra (Italy)).

Interview

First you pass a competency test to check your knowledge of other (than english) european language, the questions are scientific but fairy easy. Then you have an actual interview with a panel, which in my case was very technical, but overall difficulty is average.In the end of the interview they let you ask the questions you have about working for EC.

Project Officer/Desk Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)) in January 2017.

Interview

I found a job ad online and applied via email sending in my CV and a Cover letter. Within 2 weeks I received an email inviting me for an interview at the EC offices in Brussels, where I was based at the time. 2 weeks later I had an interview with a panel of 2 that lasted 30 minutes. There were mainly questions about my motivation for applying for the job and what skills I could bring to this particular job. I was also asked about the work carried out by the Unit (what I knew about it) and what my strengths and weaknesses were. About 1 week after, I received another email thanking me for an interest in the post but unfortunately another candidate was selected for the role. I asked for an interview feedback which was happily supplied and stated that the interview went well but another candidate had more relevant work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role?
      Why should we select you?
      What do you know about the work that we do here?
      Your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Blue Book Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alicante (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at European Commission (Alicante (Spain)) in December 2016.

Interview

1: Online application - This phase is a fill-in section of the application process. You are expected to complete the following things:
    - Motivation to apply
    -Languages spoken
    -Background (Educational)

2: Selection process
    - Spontaneous interviews

Interview Questions

• - Spontaneous calls from different DG´s
      Questions:

- About CV and experience submitted
      - They will test your language abilities
      Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at European Commission (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

Individual interview
    Interview panel: HR, Ops, Desk + 1 other person
    Questions related to the position only: situations, knowledge about the context and motivation
    Length: about 1 hour or so
    Nice and friendly atmosphere, no trick questions
    Next step might be either another interview with the Head of Office or a job offer depending on the latter's availability and decision

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were asked to prepare a field trip? to purchase specific equipment? to manage the administrative aspects of the opening of a new office?   Answer Question

Office Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at European Commission (Ankara (Turkey)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very difficult. There were 5 people and They weren't friendly. I think that is why
    I didn't feel relax and I got nervous. They asked mostly case study questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for here? What would you like to change here? and how would you do that?   Answer Question