FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

2.8

Powertrain Controls Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Interview

Applied online and had an in person interview before a phone interview which is unusual. In person interview was very technical with them wanting demonstrations of control knowledge and seeing whether competency in MATLAB was present.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an second order transfer function   Answer Question
    • What does each term in PID represent in terms of error control?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Interview

They contacted me months after applying and emailed me to set up a Skype interview the following week. I interviewed with two male interviewers who were very uninterested in hearing what I had to say. They explained that they didn't want to interview me but someone at the job fair I attended thought I was impressive and asked them why they haven't contacted me yet. They pointed out things on my resume without asking specific questions or for explanations. They rushed through three behavioral questions and insulted my accomplishments saying "I could've done better." Interviewed ended very awkwardly as if they couldn't wait a second for me to thank them for the interview before hanging up. Shockingly degrading interview, from what I thought would be a lot more professional of a company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back very quickly (within a week). Then I had a procession of interviews before I actually got the position. I interviewed with the screener's fist, then made my way to the different departments to meet all the senior purchasing managers. Finally one out of the four interviews, stuck and I got the position. Stay persistent! I started this process in later March and am scheduled to begin work early May. Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. SO excited to be working for FCA!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for FCA, in particular, the student buyer program vs the Finance or Accounting summer internship?   1 Answer

Dimensional Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied Online.
    Phone Interview was conducted with STAR questions.
    On site Interview was conducted a few days later with a diverse group of dimensional Engineers.
    Manager was present as well as 3 other engineers working under him. They went through my resume and asked numerous questions. From there, they asked HR questions that dealt with how I handled the situation

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in October at a school Career fair, was called in the middle of March to interview that Saturday, was told there would be a second interview but instead got an offer a week later

Assembly Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I obtained the interview at the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers conference in Seattle after speaking to a representative at a small networking session. After that I was selected to be screened, a FCA representative called me and asked me several questions regarding my past experience in relation to the job I am applying to, desired salary and if I would need relocation assistance as the job was located in Detroit and I lived in Boston. During the third round, I had a phone interview with the lady who interviewed me in Seattle and her manager, he asked me more questions that needed to be responded in the STAR format as well as any past experience with unions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Interview

Started with an on-site interview after a career fair. Then I had an interview at the Chrysler campus. I was given a tour of the campus beforehand, and then met with two people who conducted the interview. After that I had another interview with a higher level manager and a representative from HR.

Interview Questions

• It was almost all behavior-style questions. Tell us about a time when ---- Tell us when you had to make a decision about ---   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for the position before going to a conference. The Talent Acquisition team reached out and scheduled an interview with me. During the interview, two hiring managers asked me STAR: Approach questions. Along with what basic knowledge I knew about the company. One good thing to know is that their headquarters building in Auburn Hills, Mi, is large enough to be converted into a mall if they ever decided to sell the property. A sustainable feature that they are very proud of.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a co-worker or team member was difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Assistant Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Clear, Concise, Questions about Teams, Projects, Leadership Experiences.
    Asked to give specific examples of project lead, outcomes, success or failure etc.
    Relationship Oriented, Situation, Tasks, Actions, Results. Very typical for a leadershio
    role.

Interview Questions

• Discuss Team Experience, Leadership, Outcomes   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary Range: $140 - $160k , PTO, Benefits, Bonus, 401k all standard corporate packages

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

3 stage interview process over a period of 3weeks. First stage was a phone interview with STAR based questioning, this was followed 2.5weeks later by a Skype interview with open questioning about my experience and fit. The final stage was a 3-hr back-back panel interview with multiple cross functional managers and business leads. Interview style was open with questions aimed at better understanding my experience and fit for the program as well as FCA.