FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Assembly Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I obtained the interview at the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers conference in Seattle after speaking to a representative at a small networking session. After that I was selected to be screened, a FCA representative called me and asked me several questions regarding my past experience in relation to the job I am applying to, desired salary and if I would need relocation assistance as the job was located in Detroit and I lived in Boston. During the third round, I had a phone interview with the lady who interviewed me in Seattle and her manager, he asked me more questions that needed to be responded in the STAR format as well as any past experience with unions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.

Interview

Started with an on-site interview after a career fair. Then I had an interview at the Chrysler campus. I was given a tour of the campus beforehand, and then met with two people who conducted the interview. After that I had another interview with a higher level manager and a representative from HR.

Interview Questions

• It was almost all behavior-style questions. Tell us about a time when ---- Tell us when you had to make a decision about ---   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied for the position before going to a conference. The Talent Acquisition team reached out and scheduled an interview with me. During the interview, two hiring managers asked me STAR: Approach questions. Along with what basic knowledge I knew about the company. One good thing to know is that their headquarters building in Auburn Hills, Mi, is large enough to be converted into a mall if they ever decided to sell the property. A sustainable feature that they are very proud of.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a co-worker or team member was difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Assistant Chief Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Clear, Concise, Questions about Teams, Projects, Leadership Experiences.
    Asked to give specific examples of project lead, outcomes, success or failure etc.
    Relationship Oriented, Situation, Tasks, Actions, Results. Very typical for a leadershio
    role.

Interview Questions

• Discuss Team Experience, Leadership, Outcomes   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary Range: $140 - $160k , PTO, Benefits, Bonus, 401k all standard corporate packages

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

3 stage interview process over a period of 3weeks. First stage was a phone interview with STAR based questioning, this was followed 2.5weeks later by a Skype interview with open questioning about my experience and fit. The final stage was a 3-hr back-back panel interview with multiple cross functional managers and business leads. Interview style was open with questions aimed at better understanding my experience and fit for the program as well as FCA.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

HR scheduled a 20 minute phone screen interview which was the first step before a further review can proceed. In this step, HR asked some behavioral interview questions, such as what is your best position, what changes did you make in your organization, etc.

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I went over my resume for about 30 minutes. I answered behavioral interview questions for about 15 minutes. The engineering manager explained the work and workplace for about 15 minutes. Make sure you can thoroughly explain your resume, and make sure you practice answering behavioral interview questions. The interview was rather laid back, and I should not have worried about it as much as I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you met a customers requirements.   Answer Question

VCP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Sterling Heights, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a horrible experience. I knew from the minute they saw me I wasted my time. Two interviewers and the repeated story 5o percent retention in one year. 14 hour days no vacation and be prepared to work next Christmas. They told me that management was unprofessional and would make my job miserable. Oh and there was the five minute tirade on my missing comma on my resume. I should have walked out. It is no wonder FCA has such a bad reputation with quality. No mention of anything positive with FCA. What a shame is this what Michigan is basing our future on.

Powertrain Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview with HR to verify background, she asked me 2 technical questions that the manager asked. A week later I had phone call with manager, just general questions asked about my resume and background. A week later was brought in for face to face interview with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• 5 START questions. Tell me a time you had to out innovate someone.   Answer Question

Corporate Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FCA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

All day style interview with a lot of HR type questions. Nothing difficult. They were very slow to get me in for the interview as well as respond to my initial application. After the interview though the offer was sent quickly. However, two days after sending the offer, the took it back with no explanation at all. Be weary.