First Book Interview Questions | Glassdoor

First Book Interview Questions

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Book (Washington, DC).

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone, HR, Team Member/Group Interview. You wont be to surprised. Research the company and do the relevant prep ahead of time. Questions are most geared around team fit and how your specific skill set would be an asset.

Interview Questions

• Questions are most geared around team fit and how your specific skill set would be an asset.   Answer Question

Strategic Alliances Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at First Book (Washington, DC).

Interview

HR called and said they liked my resume, set up an in person interview with VP and Director. I spoke with each of them for about 30 minutes. It was very conversational - they asked about my strengths and what I could bring to the organization. I asked a lot of questions about the team and workplace culture.

Manager, Strategic Alliances Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at First Book (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Very frustrating experiences as I was called in for an interview and then told that I was overqualified and not interviewed. Prospective boss was not open to idea of adding responsibilities to advertised position to create a more appropriate position. Very narrow minded focus on that particular job vs. looking at benefit of overall organization. Low salary. Seemed like a disconnect between actual job and the job description.

Interview Questions

• You are over qualified for this position. Why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at First Book (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I found out about the internship through campus recruitment. I was immediately interested and followed up with them and got an interview right away. The process was normal. Expect the typical work experience and resume questions. Very straight forward.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this internship. This was strictly for school credit.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at First Book.

Interview

The interview process was unexpectedly time consuming, spanning a 6 week period and covering three interviews on two separate dates that required multiple reschedules due to timing conflicts with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Senior management did not seem to be on board with hiring for my position and asked what purpose my job would serve for the organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be afraid to ask for the salary you want, or even a bit above. The hiring process is such that, by the time you are given an offer, you're likely the only candidate they want to hire.