Flatiron Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 270 of over 270 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Flatiron Health (New York, NY)

Interview

Multiple video interviews, then a single onsite. Flatiron Health flew me out from California for the onsite. The interview process itself was average. I did not do well on the case portion (assumedly).

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about improving patient outcomes?
    Answer Question
  • Tell us about yourself and background.

Flatiron Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flatiron Health in Jun 2021

Interview

Spoke with person the role would work with (not HR or the manager for the role), then asked to do a take home assignment. This felt out of order and not great process.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly questions about how would you problem solve given certain context, etc.

Flatiron Health

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Flatiron Health

Interview

After over two months to complete the interview process, 6 separate interviews with 10 different people, I had to contact them to get rejected. Included a data analysis and Excel/PowerPoint presentation that had to be done in under 2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position/company
2 people found this interview helpful

Flatiron Health

Application

I interviewed at Flatiron Health

Interview

The assessment they give for the data abstract position is very hard. I worked in oncology for two years and it still stumped me. They were quick to email back though.

Interview Questions
  • The assessment they give is very difficult

Flatiron Health

Application

I interviewed at Flatiron Health

Interview

Two phone screens with very enthusiastic employees. They each had a different sense of what the job would be, and I ended the interview process somewhat confused about what they were looking for. Everything was very standard in terms of questions otherwise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Flatiron Health (New York, NY) in May 2021

Interview

First round was a technical interview. The interviewer was pretty nice, asked some thoughtful questions about how I approached problems and my experience. Next was a typical leetcode question. There was only 30 minutes left and I knew from the outset there was 0 chance I could solve it in time. I worked through the problem as best I could and with hints I was able to get some code that was close to a solution but not working. It seems as though they are hiring people to be math game solvers, not engineers. They will never fill this position with this interview style, so I kind of feel bad for the engineers’ time they waste watching people try to solve brain teasers instead of hiring talented people. I was rejected the next day, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have fit in here anyway.

Interview Questions
  • Given a list of tuples representing currency conversion rates, return the conversion rate for a list of desired conversions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Flatiron Health

Application

I interviewed at Flatiron Health

Interview

Take-home challenge, then video interview with case study. I guess they want people who know how to design databases even though they say this is a data science role. Not a positive experience.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Flatiron Health

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Health in May 2021

Interview

Had a phone screening, waited two weeks to hear back from recruiter who then informed me that position has been filled. Communication wasn't the best, could have been alot better. Also should offer more transparency.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult client.

Flatiron Health

Application

I interviewed at Flatiron Health

Interview

Flatiron Health runs an unethical product management interview process that almost entirely comprises "case-study" style interviews about their own company. I had six interviews with Flatiron Health: a phone screen, a take home assignment, and a four-interview virtual onsite. They made me sign an NDA and every interview – including the take home assignment, which took several hours – was a case study about Flatiron products. After the onsite, I received a templated rejection letter with zero relevant feedback. Based on my experience and those of other comments here, I believe Flatiron is unethically using interviews to get "free work" out of candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Each interview was a case study focused on product strategy or problem solving.
2 people found this interview helpful

Flatiron Health

Application

I interviewed at Flatiron Health

Interview

Clinical Data Abstraction online assessment where you go through records and answer clinical questions based on the data provided as well as a policies and procedures exercise where you develop the data abstraction tools you would provide a clinical data abstractor including yourself

Viewing 1 - 10 of 270 Interviews