Flatiron Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Flatiron Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Flatiron Health

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Chatted with a recruiter on the phone. Then she set up a typical technical interview on CoderPad. My interviewer was awesome and so kind, but they literally asked me Djikstra's. Like come on....

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Flatiron Health (New York, NY).

Interview

For a management role they make you give a presentation, jump through case studies, write code on the blackboard and have a “leadership interview round” with HM. That is a lot, for nothing! There is an amateurish feel to the whole interview experience. It is better you come in with a strong internal referral if you badly want to get a job here.

Interview Questions

• Write code that matches two datasets and then answer questions based on that   Answer Question

Data Insight Interview

Interview

It was smooth and the process was on time. Data challenge plus video call coding challenge which was of moderate difficulty. Sql and python based coding. Overall work they do is nice.

Machine Learning Research Interview

Interview

Just finished the first 45 minutes interview, still pending for the rest of the process.
    The interview was technical, asking about basic algorithm and data structure. ML related questions may be in the next step.

SWE Interview

Interview

karat online interview, so was not speaking directly to an employee of Flatiron, but instead to a professional interviewer. I could have been more prepared, questions were not too bad

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Health in November 2019.

Interview

Was approached by someone on LinkedIn who was also an abstractor. She told me to apply for this position , and that she would refer me (apparently there is a nice referral bonus program going on). I applied and heard back the same day. They first have you take a typing and computer skills test, which is very easy. If you pass that, then you move on to the second assessment, which is where you will actually do some abstraction based on some horribly inaccurate medical records they give you. This is very difficult, and I’ve heard there is only a 35% pass rate. You have to pass to get an actual interview with them. About 2 days after I submitted the assessment, I got an email asking for a time for the interview. The interview itself was really an onboarding conversation. I didn’t get asked any questions, they were just telling me about the logistics of the job and at the end of the call, I was offered the position. You have to do a background check, but it’s fairly standard. All in all this was a great experience, and it was so fast. It took less than 2 weeks from applying to getting the actual offer.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked during the actual interview, just had to pass assessments   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Health in October 2019.

Interview

Used karat to conduct initial interview. It was on their online platform and was not interviewed by anyone from the company. Was offered a chance to redo but decided not to.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Health (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

Overall, the interview process with Flatiron Health was one of the best I have experienced. I applied online, and three days later I received an email requesting my availability to schedule the technical phone screen. This was a little odd to me since most companies first schedule a call with a recruiter. In the confirmation email of my scheduled technical phone screen, I was provided a document with what to expect during the phone screen and tips on how to prepare.

My phone screen went as most technical phone screens do. The interviewer laid out the schedule for our call, there was some discussion about himself and Flatiron as a company, I gave a bit of background about myself, and then I was given a technical coding exercise. The problem was not terribly difficult, I provided my solution, and we discussed the time complexity, including any optimizations I could make. The next day I received an email requesting my availability for an on-site.

After confirming the date and time of my on-site, I was asked for my availability to have a brief call with a recruiter to provide details about the on-site. This call is the reason why this interview process was above and beyond other software engineer interviews. The call with the recruiter lasted about 15 minutes, and the recruiter gave me a complete breakdown of my on-site interview schedule, including who my interviewers would be, their positions and teams in the company, the type of interview it would be, and tips on how to prepare. Because of this, I knew exactly what I needed to study in order to perform my best during the interview.

My on-site interview consisted of the following:
    - 1 hour general coding
    - 1 hour algorithms
    - 30 minute break
    - 1 hour object-oriented design
    - 1 hour behavioral
    - 15 minute debrief with the recruiter

In the general coding section, I was asked to solve a fairly simple algorithm problem. The emphasis of this section was my overall coding ability.

In the algorithms section, I was asked to solve a more difficult algorithm problem. The emphasis of this section was my approach to the problem.

For the 30 minute break, I was paired with a software engineer who showed me around the office and just chatted with me. I was told this section was not graded.

In the object-oriented design section, I was given a more open-ended design question and asked to give a high-level overview of the classes and APIs that would comprise the system.

In the behavioral section, I was asked a series of questions about my previous work experiences, especially in regards to collaboration and difficult projects.

The debrief with the recruiter was a simple follow-up on how the day went and what the next steps would be.

Three days after my on-site I was sent an email letting me know that they decided not to continue with my candidacy. I replied and asked for the feedback so that I could improve for future interviews, and the recruiter provided a brief explanation that my algorithms section was not as strong as they wanted, which I thought was a fair assessment.

Senior Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Flatiron Health (New York, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online for one position online and the HR person contacted the following day. We scheduled an online interview within 10 days. I interviewed an engineer connected from his home. The interview took 1 hour. The interviewer didn't have the right questions that match the job description. Instead he kept asking what I want to do. Most of the questions are type of give me an example of a situation. We rounded up with a data modeling question, which is quite simple.

Interview Questions

• How do you model a grabhub database?   1 Answer

Data Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Flatiron Health in September 2019.

Interview

They gave a dataset to work on. I had to provide answers to 4 questions by analyzing the data. The dataset was a cancer patient dataset and we could analyze using any scripting language of our choice.