Florida DHSMV Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Florida DHSMV

2.9

State Trooper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Quick and informative. All persons were very helpful and honest with the process. Was contacted the day of after passing my polygraph. Already scheduled for my psych exam. The LT. was very informative on the way he wanted things and was open to all questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate anywhere in the State of Florida?   1 Answer

Field Hearing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

There were 3 parts to the interview, oral/written timed portion (yes, they give you only TEN MINUTES to answer ten questions on a questionnaire they give you, and the questionnaire is essay question style), the interviewers will then ask you the exact questions you answered on that sheet of paper orally, and then there's a modified block letter style typed letter portion (yes you need to know how to write in modified block style), and finally you will be given a packet with policies and procedures on getting your license reinstated and how the Florida DHSMV goes about that, and you're given 25 minutes to answer those questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were given a short amount of time to complete a difficult task. How did you go about getting it done?   Answer Question

State Trooper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Orlando, FL).

Interview

First stage you will be invented to take assessment written test. If you pass the test then an in person interview will be scheduled. Basically you will be asked many questions about your background history and why you want to be Florida State Trooper.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever committed a crime that you were not arrested for   1 Answer
    • Did you ever consumed illegal drugs   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Questionnaire, Writing Test, and interview with upper management. Applied online. had to wait a few weeks for applications to be screened. Had to be interviewed by several upper manager.

Regional Duty Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

A panel of four supervisors asked various questions in regards to position to include how I would handle stress, a certain situation, when did I think I should let a supervisor know and intervene.

Medical Disability Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Tallahassee, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was Interviewed by two supervisors who asked questions about teamwork and how difficult situations have been handled in the past. I was then asked to take a skills assessment on the computer and they returned after I completed.

Research and Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process went rather quickly. I submitted a work sample and then got called in. The questions were very generic however I then had to do another work sample in the office. It was challenging but great experience. My advice is go with how you would normally complete the task. They had word set up for me but excel was a better process and I went to with it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult experience you had with a fellow co-worker. What made it difficult and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Interview

It took a few weeks after submitting application to get a call for an interview, so be patient.
    Two employees gave the interview, altenating asking the questions.
    There was a work sample to complete with a fixed amount of time to do it in, and also the normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Government position with fixed rate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV.

Interview

Hiring process is online.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

lol! It is a state government job!

Field Hearing Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Florida DHSMV.

Interview

Applied online, received call in for interview a month later. Two person interview, they both seemed disinterested from the start and talked about their upcoming weekend plans. Interview consisted of standard behavioral questions, followed by a short skills test. The skills test was to create a simple letter and answer a quiz.