Forio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.7

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forio (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Technical phone screen with a DOM manipulation challenge that was performed in an online code editor, then a chat phone screen, then a 4-hour onsite with various members of the team in different departments. Was grilled mostly one-on-one by different levels of engineers and designers in CSS/design, then algorithms, then JavaScript promises/ajax/xhr. Exhausting, but I guess standard process.

Interview Questions

• How would you find a loop in a linked list?   Answer Question
    • How would you move an item 40 pixels up with CSS without disrupting the flow of the document?   Answer Question
    • Resolve multiple async actions at once at the same time before returning.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Forio.

Interview

I applied online via Indeed. Got reply within 2 weeks for first technical phone screening. Firstly, he told information about the company product for 5 minutes. Then stated asking 2-3 technical question on each of the technologies they used as described in job requirements. The questions were very thorough, I was not able to answer some questions. Overall by the interview, he trying was to check whether I know basics in each of the technology and not just implementation.

Interview Questions

• He asked about java multithreading, Spring, Hibernate mapping, SQL queries.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forio in January 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a quick screening phone with the recruiter and an coding challenge. The recruiter didn't seem like he knew what they did or what I would be doing. He just keep saying data models without really explaining it. Overall, the experience was bad.

Interview Questions

• What the difference between and div and a span, FizzBuzz, and what are the unique common characters in two strings.   1 Answer

Director of UI Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forio (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

1. Screening with an consultant Recruiter. 2. 1 hour of phone interview with the VP. 3. Technical interview using online editor. The interview process was very unprofessional. Initially, the recruiter mentioned an absolute need for the person and assured of very quick interviewing process. It took more than 3 weeks with the last 1.5 weeks of providing no status but only postponing the answer. I asked the VP why he wouldn't promote within, for which he said that there's no one in the team with the right experience. After all they decided to hire within. I passed all the steps and waited long time for the decision. Very unprofessional.

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forio in December 2015.

Interview

The process was short. First I had to do a phone screening where they asked me what I liked about the company and was asked some basic computer science questions to make sure I knew anything. After that I had to do an online coding challenge on the site HackerRank. It was pretty easy but I would recommend using the site for a bit first before you do the coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Find the matching letters that two strings share.   1 Answer

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forio (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied to this job on our university's career board. A few days later, their HR called and asked some general questions about my resume. She specifically asked about my experience with JavaScript.

A few days later I got a technical phone interview. The interviewer was one of their senior web developers, who was really nice. We used an online coding board (I forgot the name) for the interview. At first I was asked to write some basic CSS (for example to let a div align horizontally on the page). Then I was asked to solve an algorithm question in JavaScript.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting some JavaScript questions related to DOM manipulation, instead It was a pure algorithm and data structure question: Revert words in a sentence. For example given "hello world", you need to return "world hello". I was so nervous that at I first I reverted the entire sentence character by character. I was able to correct it in the end but obviously he wasn't very satisfied as it eventually took me a long time to solve this problem.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forio (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I got a message on Stack Overflow Careers 2.0, from a woman who worked in their HR department. I looked at the company website and decided it looked pretty cool. Replied to her with my phone number and she told me she would call me tomorrow at a certain time.

Then on the call asked me about what languages I prefered, told her PHP, Javascript, Node.js, LSL, LESS and was a quick learner to pick up any other tools or framework they used. Asked her if she looked at my linked GitHub and she said did. She said it looked like I had skills and liked how I was so young with these skills, was 19 at the time. I also had a video on my resume linked of a social networking site I built and had a decent amount of features.

Then she asked me what college I went to and mentioned that I just graduated high school, and haven't gone to college yet and wanted to just jump into and get real world experience. I were home schooled and in my spare time, I read programming books and did experiments of my own.

After telling her I was self taught, she cut our conversation short, saying they were looking for someone with more formal experience. Then hung up on me, and never heard anything back.

I felt very disappointed, she even admitted to me that I got skills, but just because I didn't have college, I was "trash" I guess.