Foss Swim School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Foss Swim School

Swim Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foss Swim School (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Basic interview, they began with a phone interview and then invited me in for an in-person interview and then with my interview they wanted me to shadow a swim coach in the water. i think for this they are looking for a positive interaction with the children along with observing the coach you are watching. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i was over 18, my swimming experience, and how i would deal with a frustrated parent because their child has not improved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foss Swim School (Highland Park, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview to see if you're a good fit. Next, a more in-depth in person interview. At the end of the interview they'll give you an offer or they'll say they'll get back to you which means you are not a good fit and you'll get the "sorry" email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person at (blank company)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foss Swim School (Highland Park, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Short, to the point, friendly. I like the people who work here. They are down to earth, energetic, and friendly. You go to the office and are asked a series of questions and pretty much they tell you on the spot if they are going to hire you or not.

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foss Swim School (Libertyville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I dropped off and application at the front desk and they called me within a few days. The interview itself was pretty standard, asking questions I have heard from other interviews, but they were more personable than most so that made it easier to relax. After the 1st interview they have an in-water screening of how you interact with kids. And they call after that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced conflict in the workforce?   1 Answer

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foss Swim School.

Interview

I dropped my application off at the front desk after chatting a bit with the receptionist. I received a call for an interview the next week.
    The interview was conducted during early afternoon lessons and asked about my experience with children, swimming, and working with diverse needs.

Interview Questions

• Why is it important for children and adults to learn to swim?   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foss Swim School.

Interview

Sat on the pool deck and talked with the boss. Very straight forward and typical interview questions. There were questions on situations, if you liked children and more. It was really easy.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience you've had to deal with at another job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Swim Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foss Swim School (Chanhassen, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

You have a 15 minute out of water interview. Really relaxed interview. They really wanted to know your strengths and weakness. Then you schedule a in water interview. After that, they call you to offer you a job. The training is a lot.

Instructor, Swim Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foss Swim School (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview then a in person which was very straight forward. After I shadowed for the in the water part of the interview and they asked me if it was something I would still like to do.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with telling a parent that their kid cannot move up a level.   1 Answer