Franciscan Children's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Franciscan Children's Interview Questions

2.2

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's.

Interview

Company strung me along for 3 months only to reject me. They interviewed me for over an hour, gave me a tour of both units, and even gave me a salary & benefits package. They told me to call them once I had my license. When I did, they then had me wait 2 weeks while they met to discuss only to be rejected. I asked them where I fell short and they never responded.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's (Boston, MA).

Interview

Was notified I was chosen for an interview over email. Provided a schedule of available times to come in and be interview. Was called and confirmed the interview by a lead. Came in and was given a tour and an interview was conducted with the dept head. After the interview, I was taken to meet the children of whom I would be working with if I were to receive the job.

Web Development Internsip Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's (Brighton, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took almost 2-3 weeks. I first received an Email from Hr and asked to have phone conversation about my background. It was a quick call. After that I was called for in-person interview where they talked about my resume and undertaken projects. It was 45-60 minutes interview. The questions were mostly interactive and basic. They also talked about their organization and their department.

Interview Questions

• Mostly,the question were based on my previous experience in share Point.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's in January 2016.

Interview

Double interviews, huge time investment
    Never called me to let me know outcome, whether I did it didn't get the position
    Very confusing unprofessional and incoherent process
    Lack of follow through after investment in series of interviews is not only unprofessional and inefficient but very rude

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's (Brighton, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The HR director was not available to meet when I arrived for my interview. She had already rescheduled the appointment we made the previous week. I met with one of the nurse managers for about 45 minutes. The other nurse manager was busy with a training, and joined us for another 45 minutes or so. The interview was non-threatening. Both nurse managers were enthusiastic about the patients and honest about the work environment. They clearly wanted to find the candidate who best fit their units.

I followed up with the HR manager by phone, without response. It took several weeks for her to get back to me via email. She said they would be making a decision in a few weeks. When I followed up after a few weeks, she said they had delayed the decision until the next month. I continued to email or call every week and a half. Each time, she said I had been accepted for the position, but she did not yet have a start date. She was unenthusiastic and vague. It has now been 3 months, and I still do not have a firm date to start.

At this point, you are all asking me why I waited for so long for this position. I ask myself this now too. I was excited about the position, and somehow allowed myself to be strung along. I am now back to searching for a job, hoping that next time I have an offer, the company follows through.

Honestly, it seems like there is a disconnect between the clinical management and HR. I have heard they have a high turnover, plus they have recently added extra beds on all units. Perhaps they are overwhelmed managing these changes. It's a real shame because the staff seems to really care about the patients and want to make this a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Franciscan vs one of the major Boston hospitals.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's.

Interview

Very long preinterview process. Multiple phone calls with hr. I had an odd group interview with most questions centering on my availability and comfort level with children. Interview felt more like a tour of the place and orientation. Hr was very disorganized and many emails required in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hr told me my hours and pay over the phone.

Mental Health Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was VERY informal, more of a tour. I was very disappointed to learn that there was several other people there for an interview at the same time.We all went on the tour together, not getting a chance to talk/set ourselves apart, the last 5 minutes the director met with me alone, in a very rushed manner to get to the next candidate. This was not a good chance to talk about my qualifications nor did he seem to care.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Franciscan Children's (Brighton, MA).

Interview

Saw ad online, sent email with resume attached. Director called 3 days later to invite me to the school. Director was very kind, soft spoken and gave me a very good tour of the workplace. Told me more about the difficulties of the job as we walked. Interview was very focused on what I could handle and what I could not. She hinted to some of the students having behavioral issues, most students require assistance in the bathroom (diapers, etc) and or assistance with feeding. She was very honest to say that it is not an easy place to work and not for everyone. Assistant teacher at their school is more like a personal care assistant.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable taking responsibility for the personal care of the students? Meaning: diapers and toilet assistance. Some of the students are 17 and 18.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For teacher assistants there is no negotiation available. Take it or leave it.