Franklin Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Franklin Energy

2.4

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Phone interview, went well. Questions regarding your experience as it relates to the position. I was contacted later by Walker Miller Energy (a subsidiary of Franklin Energy). My info was forwarded. They provided me with the most unprofessional experience I've ever had. Thier main HR person is the epitome of ignorance and needs to be replaced immediately.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with someone, face to face at the office. The entire process from application to end was approximately a month and a half. Very professional interview process in my opinion.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very pleasant and thorough. I enjoyed talking with the phone screener (HR) as well as the hiring manager. It seems like a great company to work for. I'd recommend applying for a job with this employer.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Washington, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Port Washington, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

Submitted a resume via CareerBuilder to the Franklin website. Lots of positions available.

I was screened/interviewed via phone by human resources personnel.

I was asked to complete an online Myers-Briggs test to discover personality. If you game the test, they are partial to active, outgoing personalities as I learned during a follow up interview.

I was requested to go to Wisconsin to the headquarters. Make sure you get your reimbursement up front - at this point, I cannot say they are going to pay for mileage or meals.

The interview was held by four executives. President, two ops VPs, and an HR director. All were pleasant, and with the exception of the director who was trying to perform a psychological assessment of me on the fly, the questions were fair and relatively straightforward.

They performed a credit check.

They requested a drug check before hiring.

The office is in an old Lutheran church. Pleasant facility. Very casual culture, VERY casual - jeans. Almost non-corporate.

Sense is that as a privately held corporation, dollars kept at the top.

The culture of the company is that it seems to be chaotic outside Wisconsin. They have grown quickly without procedures or consistent organization.

I rate the interview experience as negative only because they took so long.

Interview Questions

The offer was exceptionally low. I countered and they increased the offer by 6% with a $5K signing bonus. They also increased the bonus range to 16-25%.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Sparks, NV) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the Regional HR Manager. Follow up interview with the CEO and VP of Operations. Informal interview to "get to know the applicant" and describe general work history and experiences. They ended up downgrading the position to an admin level if they hired anyone at all. The HR Manager had a tight budgetary salary range. I appreciated the interview experience but felt like my time was completely wasted in their disappointing process. A personal call would have been more cordial and appreciated over a "sorry, we're blowing this opportunity off email." Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself ?...   1 Answer

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I have a friend who works for Franklin Energy and likes it. I used him as a reference and applied to work in a city I do not live in. I requested an initial Skype interview to cut down on costs. I participated in an extensive 30 minute phone interview and was invited to attend an in-person interview. I traveled 13 hours round trip by car to do the interview. What a disappointment. The interviewer spent ten minutes or less with me. She barely asked me anything and clearly didn't consider hiring me for a second. It was clear that I was only being interviewed to fill a requirement. If Franklin is so inconsiderate of people that they would let someone travel that distance to fill their own quota, I thank God I don't have to work with them.

Interview Questions

• I think there were three total, including 'What is your background?' 'How would you handle managing people who are not motivated to work?'   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Madison, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

Simple & quick - a phone screen by HR & an in- person interview jointly with HR & the hiring manager. It took less than a week from initial contact to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about my experience & capabilities, why I was looking for a job & what I was interested in   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

When we make economic analysis calculations, we must proceed from a point of reference. Generally, we will want to take the point of view of a total firm when doing industrial economic analyses. Example 1- 1 vividly illustrated the problem: a firm's shipping department decided it could save money by outsourcing its printing work rather than by using the inhouse printing department.

Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of three rounds, one phone and two in-person meetings. All were very informative and provided an easy opportunity to get familiar with the work and people. The Franklin team was very friendly and professional. Overall, they seem like a great organization to work for, at least based on their pitch to prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with Franklin Energy in this role?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Washington, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Franklin Energy (Port Washington, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

The first step as an initial HR phone interview, then I had a phone interview with hiring manager, and finally there was an in-person interview with a panel at their home office.