GMR Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GMR Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GMR Group (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Four rounds of interview spread across 4 months time.And took around 7 hrs.The first two interviews were 2 hours each.

The worst was.After all this they offered me and i declined then the Head of staffing called me and they revised my offer and i said ok.To which they replied that will send the final offer in a few days.

Guess what after two weeks of waiting i called to check what happened no response from anyone.Then i called a senior in the system who interviewed me.He said that they are not getting internal approvals for the revised compensation.I was shocked.How can an organisation share an offer on mail without approvals in place.Had i resigned basis that who would have taken responsibility.

Extremely disappointed with such unprofessional behavior.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GMR Group (New Delhi (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was of 2 skype interviews of more than an hour, one telephonic of an hour, one face to face round of an hour at New Delhi. This entire process took 4 months with lots of silence after each round. Very slow process. Even the interview travel bills are pending.

Interview Questions

• Basic question of knowing the candidate.   1 Answer
    • What are your current roles and responsibilities?   1 Answer
    • Whom do you report to and what are your deliverable?   Answer Question
    • What was your feedback by appraiser?   Answer Question
    • Questions related to some specific project and initiatives.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase is still open but they have not responded with their second quote even after a month.They have not said no nor yes. Hanging in between. Very slow processing, not expected from such a big organisation.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GMR Group (Indore (India)).

Interview

First a telephonic round with HR on basic profile. Then a VC/Telecon/in person interview with the HoD of the department ain presence of HR. Post that an interview with Functional/Reporting manager of the HoD depending on the profile. Sometimes this stage skipped, if the profile is not that important.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself? Questions related to domain? Why GMR? Relocation advantage? What are your strengths & weaknesses? Where do you see your self after 5 years from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was no negotiation type. Normally that is the norm

Civil Engineer Fresher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GMR Group in July 2015.

Interview

They r taking only experienced one. Like 5-10 yr experience. Any intelligent person will not join these type companies. After this much experience. In less package. They r not interested in new person and idea.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMR Group.

Interview

I had telephonic interview for finance profile. It looked like interviewers were themselves very inexperienced. More than interview it looked like they were taking some knowledge from my experience!! They had no clue what they were asking and kept asking stupid questions for 30 mins.

Very bad impression about the company... HR should think twice before allowing such managers to take interview.

another offer..

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GMR Group (New Delhi (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Easy. You should know your subject well. Strong knowledge of contracts and handful of litigation experience would be good. Questions are mainly about your work. You should know contract management. Good regulatory knowledge, if possible..Interview Experience is very smooth. Mainly it would be taken by Legal Head.

Interview Questions

• All legal.Questions are mainly about your work.You should know your subject well. Strong knowledge of contracts and handful of litigation experience would be good. Questions are mainly about your work. You should know contract management. Good regulatory knowledge, if possible.   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GMR Group.

Interview

Four stage process including conversation with CEO.

Head - Environment Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GMR Group (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Two rounds - One at Delhi (Senior executive) and the other in Bangalore (Heads of other departments)

Interview Questions

• Environmental ethics followed by the company for facilitating clearances of the various operating, proposed and future projects   Answer Question

Negotiation

I failed to negotiate the salary part of it as I had personal reasons to get back to Bangalore

Junior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GMR Group (Bhubaneswar (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Simple questions related to site management & work experience, self details like education back ground, family back ground.simple questions related to work experience to check the confidence level proficiency of work and also to check the capabilities to achieve the goals checks the capabilities to work under pressure

Interview Questions

• simple questions related to work experience to check the confidence level   Answer Question

Project Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GMR Group (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Telephonic Interview- Resume related questions