Gate City Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gate City Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Gate City Marketing

1.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gate City Marketing in July 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First interview is a basic meet and greet, second interview you go over how you get paid, HR processes, and more information about the job, third is a weed out interview where basically if you show up you will most likely be hired.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great fit?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gate City Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

They are hiring for direct salespersons to offer offer DirectTV, AT&T and the other services they name to customers in Walmart, Sam's Club and etc. Be careful and do not be fooled about what they are hiring you for. All their positions have inflated titles but you will essentially be one of those annoying people that try to sell you on cable service while you're looking for a 24-pack of Charmin at Costco

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions very easy to prepare for   1 Answer

Sales/Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gate City Marketing.

Interview

The interview process was not professional IMO. Several other younger applicants waiting to interview with the CEO and running behind. The young man before me only had 5 minutes before he was hurried out. Feeling like being herded in & out indeed.
    The young lady (CEO) I met with was pleasant and sweet but not very informative on the position nor product. She didn't seem very interested in my 20+ years in sales, years in Managment, college success, etc. I was given a brief explanation on how to be on the "fast-track" to succes with still no mention of how to actually achieve it. Other than mentioning AT&T, Samsung and Sams Club.....I still had no idea of what the position entailed. I knew after my 20 minute meeting that I wouldn't want to proceed nor would I be asked to, which is exactly what happened. This is a younger persons job. College degree or not, professional b2b sales experience or not, it appears to me the business model is to get young adults to pitch AT&T and Samsung products at Sams Club. The phone screening was vague, the interview was vague and I believe we both could have done something more valuable without time.

Interview Questions

Gate City Marketing Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you had to wait for your interview. However, we do have other offices nationwide and the CEO's meeting ran over unexpectedly. The hiring manager did... More

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gate City Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

They sent you an email you can apply via linked in. They give you an interview. The interview was not for the job i Applied to. It was more for a sales position promoting products in Best Buy's etc. it's not what they are advertising AT ALL !

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

This job was not what was advertised and does not seem legitimate. NEW COLLEGE GRADS BEWARE!

Gate City Marketing Response

Dec 27, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We are sorry that you felt mislead about the job position! However, Gate City Marketing Group prides its company on being very upfront about our open position! There are some false statement made in... More

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gate City Marketing (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Before you interview at GTM: First of all, know that the job descriptions are very misleading. They are not upfront about what an employee will actually be doing until you go in for an interview. It is nothing like the job description, believe me. The people are very nice and professional but try really hard to sell you into this grand growth model. Unless you want a career in selling Direct TV at Sam's Club, do not bother. I thought it was going to be an amazing opportunity but I was very disappointed.

Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gate City Marketing (Greensboro, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

There is a 3round interview process! They go over pay, what the job details are, business model,and growth advancement! The manager s is pretty straight forward with all questions that you may have! You have to be offered a second round interview! It is not a guarantee that you will get a second round so you have to wait to be called! The third round management answers any additional questions that you may have and at the time you may be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to a marketing adverting firm?   1 Answer