George Fox University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

George Fox University Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at George Fox University.

Interview

The title is Director but the job is not very advanced. The interview was completely over the top for the level of job. It was a two day process involving several departments on campus. Most people involved in the interview seemed to be there not by choice. Most seemed to think it was excessive too.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

First of all, I submitted my resume, cover letter, general application, and signed the statement of faith. About two weeks later, I received additional general questions for screening.
    On the next round, the hiring manager and his direct supervisor followed up for a phone interview. After a week, I had a panel interview with cross-department teams for three hours. A week later, I was interviewed by a C level executive.

Interview Questions

• Examples: (1) Tell us about yourself, (2) What do you expect from your supervisor?, (3) How are you familiar with XYZ?, (4) In your resume, you had this ABC skill, what does it mean? (5) Describe your experience working with department teams? (6) Tell me why we should select you instead of other candidates? (7) What would be your potential challenge/obstacle on this new position?   Answer Question

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

After applying for the position, the Director of Security selected from the applications who he would interview. The interview was casual and was some general questions about who I was, my work ethic and past experiences.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR).

Interview

Emailed in a filled-in PDF application, including statement of faith, with my resume and cover letter. Initial communication was by email. I was invited to campus for an interview. Interview was friendly but serious. After the interview, I received a job offer by phone. Was able to negotiate salary a bit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

I was sent some documents about the university and the position prior to the interview, which was promising and gave me time to properly prepare. However, the interviews were disorganized and rarely focused on the position. The questions I prepared for were never asked, and the majority of the questions were related to my faith and Christianity in general.

Interview Questions

• What similarities does George Fox and the Rev. Billy Graham have in common?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Great interview process with panels of administrative staff, students, faculty and executive team. Thoughtful questions. I interviewed for 8 straight hours with quick 5 minute breaks in between hour long sessions. The time flew by as the questions and dialogue was easy and thoughtful. I had the opportunity to privately ask students if they liked their education experience and to ask the staff pros and cons of working at the university.

Interview Questions

• What message would I deliver to undergraduate students during a 20 minute chapel sermon?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a 4 day work week with 10 hour days so that my commuting time would be shortened.

Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Two step interview application process. Main focus upon autonomous and independence, however time management and commitment are strong values that are important to completing the positions. The interviews at this company were very easy and introspective. However, the position requires the ability to work with others and understand the requirements of time management.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring was fairly easy. You are hired online, it didn't take much to get an interview. After the interview, you're practically a shoe-in. Plant Services isn't very glamorous and is all the way by the softball field. The interview is just you and one other person (the head honcho) and they ask questions pertinent to the position of office assistant- I felt prepared for what they asked.

Campus Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

After applying to the job the previous spring, I received a phone call from the director of campus security asking about my previous employment and ability to function under stressful situations. He was cordial and seemed competent and well-organized. There were some humorous questions like, "can you leap over tall buildings in a single bound" and the like. After answering all the questions he said he would be in touch and I got a phone call and email letting me know I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   Answer Question
    • Can you leap over tall buildings in a single bound?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a work-study job so there was no negotiation to be done. Minimum wage job. About 10 hours per week.

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at George Fox University (Newberg, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

Very friendly phone interview then group interview. Lots of questions, Christian college so they ask about your spiritual journey, what kind of books do you like to read and what kind of supervisor do you like. Situational questions were asked as well.

Negotiation

No negotiation - they were set in their ways.