Goldcorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldcorp Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldcorp in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was very regular and the whole process may take three or four weeks. the manager was really friendly and nice, they asked me about technical skills, not very deep, mostly about basic knowledge, not very hard

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldcorp (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall positive experience; I interviewed with the internal and external manager. They spent the first 15 minutes to explain your role in details then asked mostly behavioural questions. Some were reflective and situational-based questions. Interviewers act very interested in you but do not think that you are already selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with change? What are 5 words to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Miner II/Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Porcupine, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldcorp (South Porcupine, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was working for a contractor on the Dome Site and applied to the manager at the Mine site directly, I believe before he considered me he followed me around site observing my driving skills, he did not know I seen him but I was aware of his presence. I then received a call from Human resources for an interview that I did with them. I was given a background search, a physical, drug test and possibly some references were checked. Weeks later I was called and given a start date.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember this part too much as I remember telling them more about my skills and attitude. I believe they asked about my past employment and skills.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldcorp in December 2015.

Interview

Great experience, few technical questions. They were trying to find if I was the right fit for the team. The panel interview can freak you out very quick but great experience overall.

wish that they had more info to show during the interview

Interview Questions

• Did you have any conflict with any of yours colleagues?   10 Answers

Graduate Development Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldcorp (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Same as the person below. Hey, did you get the offer already? I had my interview on November 27, didnt hear any thing from them yet. Could you let me know if they contact you already?? or you still waiting for the offer? im civil ....did you follow up with them?
    the experience is okay.....I the camera interview is kinda hard

Interview Questions

• finds out a worker didnt wear safety glass, what you going to do   4 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldcorp in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a three way conversation with an HR person and a metallurgist. It went fairly well and I spoke mostly of my previous experiences. The hiring process was good except for the time it took to get an answer. It took 2 months after I sent my resumé to get the interview, but I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• They ask about situations where you might be in where you would have to make a decision toward either productivity or safety.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldcorp (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone and In person interview that spanned over 45 days. Had to travel to a site to meet with personnel and do a site tour. Also went through a formal interview process in the corporate office for one on one interview with hiring manager. Toured office, met key folks and spoke with them about their roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about my past experiences and how they applied to my current role--particularly behavioral-based questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldcorp (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Very conversation based. Many behaviour types of questions that can't really be prepared for. Just know your resume and be yourself. Try to be relaxed and have fun with it. It's mostly a determination of fit, rather than anything else (technical, etc..)