GovHK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GovHK Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.9

Air Traffic Flight Service Interview

Interview

Individual introduction followed by a Group discussion Its a setting with 8-9 people, 5 interviewers, around 1 hour, with 15 minutes preparation before the group disscusion y d;xdfh lfskgj lsg poaeo jfpsfgf esrl jlsdj hlds sdgs s

Interview Questions

Interview

4 people in a group. Group discuss in cantonese about news and 2 questions in english and mandarin about why they need to hire you and problem that customer service officer have

Interview Questions

• What is the problem that customer service officer have?   Answer Question

Administrative Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GovHK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2015.

Interview

Conducted in university only. There are two rounds of interview in total. Panel interview is conducted, with 4 or 5 interviewers from the faculty members and the staff from the Career Center in your university.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply for this program? Which department do you want to work in?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GovHK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Written and oral interview, need to pass an apitutde test, English and Chinese written tests before interview, may also be asked to present in Putonghua and knowledge in basic law

Interview Questions

• Why is there alluvial sand underlying alluvial clay/marine deposit   Answer Question

Eo II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GovHK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

There are 3 processes, the CRE, JRE and lastly interview. It took around half a year for the whole process. The interview was focusing on your awareness on the current issues and how you tackle unexpected problems in daily work. The interview was in a quite friendly way, but you have to talk properly as a government officer.

Net Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GovHK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2013.

Interview

Talk to a team of people that try to tell you exactly why they don't want you for the job. After they have told you why they wouldn't want to hire you, they make you do a demonstration that is completely out of context.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job, how can you help us, why do we need you, etc.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Education Bureau Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wan Chai (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GovHK (Wan Chai (Hong Kong)) in May 2012.

Interview

After the submission of the application form to the Education Bureau, I had received a phone call in three days to tell me to come to an interview. The interview was conducted by a panel with 2 senior managers, both Senior Executive Officers. One one round of interview was required. Then I was called to offer the internship after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions are about the computer techniques, such as the "v lookup", "email function" and selective paste" of the Microsoft Excel and Word. They would ask you the procedures to do all above techniques.   1 Answer

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GovHK (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2012.

Interview

There is just one round of interview, lasting for around 30 min. The interview is generally divided into 3 parts, focusing on candidates' background and interests, scenario based questions, and current issues respectively. There will be one to two follow-up questions for each section. The interviewers are nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your subordinates have frequent sick leave?   Answer Question

Executive Officier II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GovHK in March 2010.

Interview

Three to One Panel Interview. Conducted in Eng & Cantonese. Asked about Reasons for joining, personal strengths and weaknesses. Critical questions: Scenario questions. e.g. how to handle a difficult HR/staff problems. One question about current affairs.

Interview Questions

• How to persuade a staff to complete a task s/he does not like.   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GovHK (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in June 2009.

Interview

This is just a simple interview since the position is so junior. All the skill test had finished at the first step in the job agency, and the interviewer just accessed my result and asked me the nature, responsibilities and scale of the department. They did not expect I would answer all the question correctly, they rather see me whether would try to answer a question, even thought I answered wrongly. And I was offered eventually.

Interview Questions

• You have mentioned "Small House" yet, to your knowledge, what does "Small House" mean?   1 Answer