Graduate Management Admission Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graduate Management Admission Council Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graduate Management Admission Council

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Graduate Management Admission Council (Reston, VA).

Interview

The hiring process is bit cumbersome but no better or worse than most places. They did streamline it recently but not quite enough. The president participates in a lot of the interviews which is unnecessarily paternalistic in general, unnerving to many candidates, and frustrating to most hiring managers. He doesn't trust anyone under him, which is reflected in the hiring process with his participation for positions below the VP level.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous supervisor's strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made to feel that negotiation was not an option and then I found out that new hires after me did megotiate higher salaries or signing bonuses. So if you receive an offer, negotiate.

Social Media Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graduate Management Admission Council (Reston, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

HR screened the applicants, handled the phone screening, and participated in the first interview with the hiring manager. Interviews were clearly "by the book"--carefully scripted--and took several hours...but I didn't feel as though the script really pulled forth a solid sense of my skills and abilities. When the hiring manager would venture away from the script, the HR person was there to pull him back to his lines. Questions about previous experience resulted in conflicting feedback. Follow-up was not prompt.

I chose to withdraw my candidacy and pursue other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest success/failure, how you leaned from it, etc.   Answer Question
    • What is your preferred work.management style? (E.g., how are you at managing up?)   Answer Question