Graduate Management Admission Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Graduate Management Admission Council Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Graduate Management Admission Council

Interview

At the time, the company was small and nearly everyone there participated in panel interviews. This is no longer the practice, but as of a couple years ago, it was still the practice to have several interviewers participate (likely those who would be working closely with the open position).

Interview Questions

• All the standard stuff and more   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Graduate Management Admission Council.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and could tell off the bat it was not going to be a good fit as she said "we only have 45 mins so let's get right in"... I have facilitated numerous meetings and the only time I say that is when I'm not looking forward to speaking with someone. I could just tell from the get-go that there would be no work-life balance in this role even though glassdoor reviews said otherwise, and after a very long conversation about my background, that turned out to be the case. I mentioned many times at the beginning of the conversation that I left a role to work remotely so thought she would have gotten a hint that I needed a flexible job, but I guess I wasn't clear enough.
    She was also very adamant about the fact that marketing managers are required to present on a candidate deck and also take the GMAT! No thanks.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how you managed an integrated marketing campaign?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Graduate Management Admission Council (Reston, VA).

Interview

The hiring process is bit cumbersome but no better or worse than most places. They did streamline it recently but not quite enough. The president participates in a lot of the interviews which is unnecessarily paternalistic in general, unnerving to many candidates, and frustrating to most hiring managers. He doesn't trust anyone under him, which is reflected in the hiring process with his participation for positions below the VP level.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous supervisor's strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made to feel that negotiation was not an option and then I found out that new hires after me did megotiate higher salaries or signing bonuses. So if you receive an offer, negotiate.

Social Media Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graduate Management Admission Council (Reston, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

HR screened the applicants, handled the phone screening, and participated in the first interview with the hiring manager. Interviews were clearly "by the book"--carefully scripted--and took several hours...but I didn't feel as though the script really pulled forth a solid sense of my skills and abilities. When the hiring manager would venture away from the script, the HR person was there to pull him back to his lines. Questions about previous experience resulted in conflicting feedback. Follow-up was not prompt.

I chose to withdraw my candidacy and pursue other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest success/failure, how you leaned from it, etc.   Answer Question
    • What is your preferred work.management style? (E.g., how are you at managing up?)   Answer Question