Green Chimneys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Green Chimneys

3.5

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Chimneys (Brewster, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I had an interview a few of the of the school supervisors. They were all really nice and made me feel comfortable. Some of the questions were difficult but I could see that they made sense for the position and Jen and Alexa were really making me feel supported and gave me time to collect my thoughts. One of the supervisors was not as nice but he is not a supervisor anymore.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about how you balance teaching the students with managing the different kinds of behavior I would work with. Also about what profesional development I wanted, working well with parents and co-workers, curriculum things, handling difficult behaviors. One thing i had never been asked in an interview that they asked was what kind of support I would want from my supervisor and I liked that.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Green Chimneys (Brewster, NY).

Interview

I met with the Social work supervisor and the Unit Director. They asked me questions about why I wanted the work there and my past experience. They offered me the job after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what I did when I was unemployed (took care of my children, volunteer work).   1 Answer

Youth Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Green Chimneys (Brewster, NY).

Interview

After being called in for the interview you are asked to spend a couple of hours with a specific dorm. Here you get to see first hand what it is like to work as a youth counselor and ask current employees as many questions as you please. After about 2-3hrs of observation time you are sent to a panel interview. Here you have 3-4 of the "higher ups" asking you multiple questions in regards to your past, present, future, and giving you scenarios for you to answer.

Assistant Unit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brewster, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Green Chimneys (Brewster, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Came in for a job fair, I interviewed with two people. They called me back to come in again for a superior position. Came in again, interviewed with another person. They showed me around campus and introduced me to other Assistant Unit Supervisors for any questions that I had. They showed me some dorms and had me interact with residents.