Greenpeace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Greenpeace Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

Frontline Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

Apply Online, Emailed 2 days later and scheduled interview. When I arrived I was greeted then was filing my info on a computer provided after that given a paper that had a few questions. When finished, received an overview of the job and there after one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What Environmental Issue you care about?

Why would you be a good pick for Greenpeace?

30 Sec Sales Pitch over something environmental.
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

the interview was fine, but i just don't like how they interpret the environmental issue. also, they made solving the issue way easier then it should be.
    to me, its more like selling an idea of environmental friendly then really helping to save the world

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Strange. They gather everyone in a room and then take you separately. I had read a lot about how everyone didn't like working there on Glassdoor and also felt that I would not enjoy the job. It definitely seemed like bad sales job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would get someone to donate $10 a month to greenpeace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy, as long as you have confidence and actually know what you're talking abut in regards to social/environmental issues, you should be fine. You reach this underground office, fill out an application on the computer and a piece of paper. Afterward, they talk to you about what Greenpeace is all about and then called in for a 1on 1 interview. More than likely when filling out your application, there will also be someone there doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a social/environmental issue you care about   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace in July 2016.

Interview

First, you arrive at the office in the lower level of the building. There is music playing and it is a very relaxed atmosphere. Everyone who works there is dressed very casually (shorts and t-shirts). You sit at a table with other interviewees and you all fill out paperwork then introduce yourselves and explain why you think Greenpeace would be a good fit for you. Then they tell you about current events in the company and tell you about the orientation and give you a job description. After, you are called into an office individually for 1-on-1 interview. The whole process took an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You get $10 per hour during training period (first week) then you get $15 per hour.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy no pressure at all they hire just about anyone. If you apply and have no criminal background issues, then you have found a job for yourself, but do not expect to work here very long.

Interview Questions

• What is an issue that is important to you and how would you get someone to support it?   Answer Question

Frontline Canvasser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

There is one interviewer, and a small group being interviewed. First you do a little introduction to the group, then you are individually pulled into the office for a short interview.

Interview Questions

• Told me to explain and environmental problem, and what the solution would be. Had to pitch it to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were three other applicants. We first waited outside, and then we were taken up to the office. We filled out basic paperwork. There was only one interviewer. Each applicant gave a brief introduction in front of the interviewer and the other applicants, followed by private one-on-one interviews with just the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Regarding a previous job, what was one thing you liked and one thing you did not like?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the Hiring Manager. I was then brought into the office for group interview with 4 employees. Following this, I was given a special project to work on and present to management in a 2nd-round interview. The whole process took about 3 weeks and was relatively painless. Don't forget, this is Greenpeace. Don't show up in a suit.

Interview Questions

• Why Greenpeace instead of another environmental organization? Are you willing to do anything illegal?   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview came first then a paperwork with the singular interview then group interview to determine how you act around other team members. not too difficult if you have the enthusiasm