Greenpeace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.4

Community Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Boston, MA).

Interview

Brief. Fairly simple and laid back. They just want to get a general sense of your personality and gauge what your communication skills are like. You will need to learn to memorize a script and recite it consistantly.

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

The recruiter was very professional and thoughtful in her communication. She outlined the process and was very quick when replying back to questions and in letting me know what to expect from their hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best fit for this position and why? How would you approach X situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Professional yet relaxed atmosphere. Manager explains the job thoroughly to applicants as a group before asking questions one on one. Questions asked were direct and relevant to job description. Definitely not for someone looking to make a medium yearly salary,

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as an asset within the organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Basically asked us to fill a couple of forms, ask why we want to work for Greenpeace and what drives you to be a better environmentalist. They didn't take a long time to start, and I was interviewed separately after a brief group exchange and questioned about my morals and values.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Greenpeace.

Interview

Apply Online, Emailed 2 days later and scheduled interview. When I arrived I was greeted then was filing my info on a computer provided after that given a paper that had a few questions. When finished, received an overview of the job and there after one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What Environmental Issue you care about?

Why would you be a good pick for Greenpeace?

30 Sec Sales Pitch over something environmental.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

the interview was fine, but i just don't like how they interpret the environmental issue. also, they made solving the issue way easier then it should be.
    to me, its more like selling an idea of environmental friendly then really helping to save the world

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Strange. They gather everyone in a room and then take you separately. I had read a lot about how everyone didn't like working there on Glassdoor and also felt that I would not enjoy the job. It definitely seemed like bad sales job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would get someone to donate $10 a month to greenpeace?   Answer Question

Frontline Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy, as long as you have confidence and actually know what you're talking abut in regards to social/environmental issues, you should be fine. You reach this underground office, fill out an application on the computer and a piece of paper. Afterward, they talk to you about what Greenpeace is all about and then called in for a 1on 1 interview. More than likely when filling out your application, there will also be someone there doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a social/environmental issue you care about   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Greenpeace in July 2016.

Interview

First, you arrive at the office in the lower level of the building. There is music playing and it is a very relaxed atmosphere. Everyone who works there is dressed very casually (shorts and t-shirts). You sit at a table with other interviewees and you all fill out paperwork then introduce yourselves and explain why you think Greenpeace would be a good fit for you. Then they tell you about current events in the company and tell you about the orientation and give you a job description. After, you are called into an office individually for 1-on-1 interview. The whole process took an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You get $10 per hour during training period (first week) then you get $15 per hour.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Greenpeace (Oakland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Short, friendly, interesting. Felt like I would really enjoy working with this supervisor. He asked a few questions to hear why I was interested in the position and then he asked me to give an impromptu sales pitch about an issue I really cared about.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Greenpeace?   1 Answer