Groom Room Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Groom Room Interview Questions

Interviews at Groom Room

Dog Grooming Assistant Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Groom Room (Leicester, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called about 2 weeks after my application and told my application had been reviewed and I was to come in for an interview. Obviously I dressed smart, big mistake as they failed to tell me that I was going to be bathing and drying a dog. Not a problem for me as I'm not scared of getting dirty but it would have been nice to know. All of this aside, I went in and the manager helped me put the dog in the tub. I was then guided step by step on how to wash and dry the dog, all the while questions were being asked. When finished, I was told I would be contacted soon. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Groom Room- Grooming Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Groom Room (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. I went in and they asked me a bit about myself thanked me for actually turning up, and kept making sure I wasn't going to be going to university in a couple of different ways. This lasted about 5 minutes (there wasn't any interview questions really). I was then told I was going to do a trial. ( Having read up on the Groom Room I read that you weren't allowed to do anything with the animal unless you had been trained formally through their team). I was then left on my own with a dog in the tub the lady didn't tell me anything just said i'll be back soon, I think I was expected to start washing the dog but obviously I wasn't told to so then a few minutes later another girl said oh you can start cleaning him if you like, so I did. The manager then came back and said we shampoo them twice and then use conditioner so I continued. I then finished this and got the dog out. The manager came to help me get the dog out the tub and put it onto the grooming table and strap it into the table and put a distressing head band on. She then handed an industrial dryer and told me to dry the dog. She left me again for a bit and I just guessed at what I was doing but she came back and helped me do the dogs head, but by this point the dog was getting really upset and as she started blow drying by his face on one side he turned to me really quickly as if to nip me so I flinched away and the manager just let him keep turning towards me in an aggressive manner and didn't properly restrain him. Once the dog was all dry and ready to be groomed she handed over to a qualified groomer and said let's go finish the interview. She took me back to an office and asked why I flinched and was hesitant about bathing the dog and I just replied with the fact that I had done my research and didn't want to overstep the mark and break any rules. She said "oh ok fair enough" then said I'll let you know by the end of the week (it was the beginning) you will definitely hear back either yes or no. I didn't hear back for an extra couple of days so I rang up to find the interviewer was away on holiday for 3 weeks. I then got an email about one weeks later saying I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• If I was sure I wasn't going to be leaving and going to University as it would waste their time.   Answer Question

Apprentice Dog Groomer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Groom Room (Hull, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

I had to apply online and then go through with a phone interview. Then I had to bath and dry a dog before I went for my interview in person. They told me how to do it and then watched hastily. They then allowed me to blast and dry the dog but this took 40 minutes alone, which was ridiculous. They left me with the dog. The interview itself was very friendly but the position just wasn’t right for me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to reassure a new customers who’s puppy/dog is coming for the first time?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you got?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Groom Room in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position as a Assistant Stylist (Trainee Dog Groomer) and didn’t hear anything for around 3 weeks, I finally had a call to say they were progressing further and was asked in for a trial and interview.

Wear something comfortable at your trial, don’t go dressed in a suit for example as you will be washing and drying a dog.