Group 1 Automotive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.0

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX).

Interview

Its quick. You called to meet with one manager then you will be asked to meet with others if they like you. Use standard interview practice and you will be hired. Beware if you have looking for an opportunity to make money. This is not it. Interview with other organizes and let this be your last resort if you are desperate. Like if your probation officer\wife is on you and you just need short term work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience?   1 Answer

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratham, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Stratham, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of filling out a long application, getting on a computer and answering a psychological profile interview, the sitting with a manager who will basically hire anyone that passes the computer interview and who can breath. The manager asked very few questions, was more interested in talking about himself and how many different car dealers he worked at. When I asked about how the job paid I was told 'you can make over a hundred thousand here' with our pay plan. Later found out that you'd be lucky to make half that and even after more than 5 years one of the best salespeople I met there only made 75 thousand and worked 6 days a week.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email from HR department to schedule an online interview. Mostly behavioral questions and motivational questions. Got two questions about financial models. Asked detailed question on how to craft financial reports. We typed online instead of taking, which is unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Which financial model do you consider as the best one to use? Why?   Answer Question

Not Saying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The process is too drawn out, you take a zero risk that HR is not trained to review then a background check that can take almost a wk or more and a hair follicle drug test which is ridiculously invasive and management rather not interview just add warm bodies on dealership level Don't see too any Blacks in ceo positions

Interview Questions

• Asked irrelevant questions   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Danvers, MA).

Interview

If you pass a drug test and you are hired. Every 3 weeks there is a group of people that get trained. turn over rate is nearly 50%.........................................................................................................................;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Basically they need bodies to send on test drives. Worst company too work for. I still don't know how people last there even a year. you can get a job at dunking donuts and you will be better off i Swear. They give minimum wage and then take it back when you sell a car;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Interview Questions

• Do you wanna make $100,000 a year?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was very unprofessional. The manager did not ask traditional questions or have my resume. He made small talk and he took me to fill out another application. He offered me my starting pay and then told me about the drug test and stuff. Everything took forever to come back. My hair is still messed up from the drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was nonnegotion

General Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviews with the manager then a last interview with the director. Went fairly smooth. You can tell when you got it in the bag. Bunch of behavioral questions and what my experiences were. After the interviews was told to get drug tested

Inventory Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

ask normal hiring questions like experience, why you want to work here, etc.
    they explain the duties of the job and explain some of the benefits.
    i was interview by the manager of the department and the assistant manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

started out as a temp. worked for 3 months then offered a job. Interviewed at temp agency, then went on to call center and interviewed with HR. Worked and offered job- high turn over

Interview Questions

• how would u deal with a difficult cusotmer   1 Answer

New Car Sales and Leasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Group 1 Automotive (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

After apply for position online, I was contacted about a week later. There was one interview with the sales manager. I was then instructed to fill out a paper resume with more info. I was then asked to take a hair drug test at a local medical facility. After returning with proof of testing from the medical center, I was again interviewed before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you've had to overcome in your life?   Answer Question