Guidance Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Post Closer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidance Residential (Reston, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was simple and very friendly. The workplace was explained and their overall goal for all employees is to succeed and grow. As soon as I walked in I felt welcomed and the interview process was personable and encouraging

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the mortgage industry and what is one thing you are looking for in an employer   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Guidance Residential (Reston, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very rushed, mostly online exchanges with HR, including offer. Personable staff, good exchange, but did not fully describe the duties of the position, specifically the crappy duties of the positiion, so was surprised when they came up on the job.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidance Residential (Reston, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was connected to Guidance via a recruiting agency. At the interview I met with the head of HR (loved her) and the marketing manager who would ultimately be my supervisor.

I really liked the people that I spoke to and was impressed with the company culture but the position itself didn't seem to be exactly what I was looking for which caused some concerns. They did tell me that they were ultimately looking for quality people and that they would tailor the position to those people so that really sparked my interest.

I told the recruiter very shortly after the interview that I felt the interview went well but that I wanted the opportunity to see the office and meet the rest of the team I'd be working with as well as to ask some follow-up questions about the role and inquire more about their claim that they would tailor the position to me and my skills.

Unfortunately that message must have gotten lost in translation because the next I heard from my recruiter (on a Thursday), they offered me the position and wanted me to start that Monday. This made me feel very uncomfortable because because it was the only time I had met with them or spoken to them at all so it seemed rushed and sketchy. Sure I was available immediately but considering they told me they weren't in a rush to find someone they just wanted to find the RIGHT person, the short turn around felt like a red flag.

Ultimately I don't think it was as sketchy as it seemed but none the less I feel it's important for a candidate to be able to consider the offer, negotiate if they feel it appropriate, and weigh it against any other offers or opportunities they may be considering and I felt I was not given a chance to do that in such a short time period. I essentially had a day to decide.

Though I was strongly considering taking the offer, because I was expecting another offer that next week and because I wanted to make sure I was equipped with enough information to make the best decision (and because I was on my way to South Carolina for my grandfather's funeral), I requested another meeting to go over my unanswered questions and get a better feel for the people I'd be working with and the environment I'd be working in.

After this meeting, the offer was rescinded because they were 'worried that I would ultimately not stay with them long term' which was unfortunate. The reason I didn't accept the offer off the bat was because I wanted to make sure the position was right for me. Ultimately I didn't accept the other offer. It would seem that someone taking the offer out of desperation would be more inclined to leave than someone who had choices and CHOSE them but I guess they don't see it that way. If I had ultimately accepted then I absolutely would have stayed. As a result they lost some really good talent.

PA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Guidance Residential (Reston, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. I was interviewed by two managers and they explained to me what the process and work day roughly looks like and asked me general interview questions. After that I was also interviewed by HR.