H.B. Fuller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H.B. Fuller Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. I was interviewing with the manager who I eventually worked for. It was a very traditional interview. The interview started with a brief tour of the building followed by a formal interview with basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you were stuck in a difficult situation, had to think on the spot, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Aurora, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to my via LinkedIn. Company had person in position and wanted confidential search. Met via phone with HB Fuller HR. Interview went well. HR Manager said she would set up interview with hiring manager within the next week. No call or e-mail for the next month from HB Fuller. Sent e-mail to HR manager, no reply #fail. Five weeks after phone interview, recruiter calls me and says HB Fuller still interested in interviewing me. I declined. If your company gives a bad first impression to candidates, then the culture must be bad. I don't need their job, they needed my skill. HB Fuller #fail.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience implementing process and systems? How do you go about the change management.   2 Answers

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with HR interview, than phone interview with future potential manager. The face to face interview with 4 different technical managers was scheduled for four hours. Some technical and behavioral questions and trying to evaluate how you fit the company culture. All people I met there ( including receptionists) were supportive, nice, helpful. It looks like great company!

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Aurora, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I had just become a permanent employee doing data entry. A CSS position opened and they suggested I apply, so I filled out the application and had a 15 minute interview with the manager. I found out a few days later I got the job.

Infrastructure Engineer - II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadnais Heights, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Vadnais Heights, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter who found my resume on the job board Indeed.com. We exchanged emails as to when her and I could discuss the opportunity. We then had a 20 minute or so discussion about the position and that she would forward my information to the hiring manager. A day or so later, I received a call from the hiring manager and the next day received my date/time for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• The had asked if I had any experience with working within a Citrix environment.   Answer Question

Digital Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Saint Paul, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Was a great interactive interview with the director. Very detailed and took the time to explain the details of the position and the company. Very down to earth and honest. Very easy to talk to and interview with. The panel interview was great. It is always great meeting the people that youay be working with in the future.

Operational Leadership Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller.

Interview

Applied Online
    Phone interview with HR
    Phone interview with position owner
    In person interview at their HQ with 4 interviewers and an additional 2 phone interviews

They paid for flights, hotel, and taxi. Eat at the airport as there was no access to meals at the hotel unless you want to order delivered pizza. They did not offer to reimburse airport parking, milage, or meals.

Interview Questions

• What would your reports say about you
      What have you done to make your reports feel supported
      What would your reports say you could improve on
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Just simple behavioral questions (conflict, goal in 5 years,...)
    They were very nice in answering all your questions about the company or the position you applied for. I had 2 interviews with them, one was average length, roughly +30mins, one was pretty fast. They did not ask much about your technical skills, probably just wanted to see if you were the right fit for the group and qualified for the position

Technical Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller in March 2015.

Interview

One-way Video Interview followed by an on-site interview.
    Since I'm don't really like one on one interviews, having the option to do the one-way video interview was very relaxing! Some of the questions allowed unlimited records for the answer (behavioral questions) while a couple questions only allowed two recordings before submitting (personal information). It was really helpful to be able to hear yourself at least once to notice the pacing of the answer as well as notice bad habits such as looking away from the camera and fidgeting.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadnais Heights, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Vadnais Heights, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Was recruited to interview by an employee. I had previously worked at the same company as this person prior to us both going to separate companies and he was now in a leadership position within the group I was interviewing with at HB Fuller. Went through two rounds of phone interviews as well as two rounds of in person interviews. All in total I devoted a full work day to interviewing for this position. I had good conversations and received generally good feedback from all 8 interviewers that day. I was told that a decision would be reached within a week and that I would be notified personally. Sent my thank you notes and waited. Two weeks later I received a generic form email from HR stating that I wasn't chosen. Fine except for that five days later when the department head calls me and tells me the same thing and I thank him for having the courtesy to call me even though HR has already notified me, he has no clue that HR already had already sent that email. Alarm bells about bad communication start to go off in my head but I take it in stride.

Fast forward a month and a half and another position in the regulatory group opens up. The Department Head calls me personally to invite me to apply, telling me I was a close second during the last round. I apply and then a week and half passes. I get email from him saying that since they had already interviewed me extensively last round, they would let me skip the first round and then bring me in with their final round of candidates in another week. Great, except that two weeks later I receive a form email from HR saying that I'm out. Two and a half months later I get a phone call from the department supervisor apologizing for never bringing me in, saying they'd opted not to fill the role until the next quarter, and apologizing for never letting me know about the job. When I mention the form email from HR, he's deeply embarrassed having no clue about it but mentions that this role will be opening up again "very soon".

Two weeks after this I'm again invited to apply and interview for a very different position in the group. Now I'm suspicious that the only reason they'd bothered to call me at all after that failed second application was because they wanted me to appease me so I'd apply for this role. At this point I'm fielding other invitations to interview and so I decide not to reply. Maybe it's a mistake but after months of bad communication and basically feeling like I'm just being brought in to pad their candidate pool so that they will look good to the higher ups I just can't think of a reason to continue to let them take up more of my time. No thanks. Third time was definitely not going to be the charm for me!