H.B. Fuller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

H.B. Fuller Interview Questions

Interviews at H.B. Fuller

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller.

Interview

The interview lasted about an hour. I was interviewing with the manager who I eventually worked for. It was a very traditional interview. The interview started with a brief tour of the building followed by a formal interview with basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you were stuck in a difficult situation, had to think on the spot, and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Saint Paul, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Just simple behavioral questions (conflict, goal in 5 years,...)
    They were very nice in answering all your questions about the company or the position you applied for. I had 2 interviews with them, one was average length, roughly +30mins, one was pretty fast. They did not ask much about your technical skills, probably just wanted to see if you were the right fit for the group and qualified for the position

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

mass interview, panel of 7 people; quite intense

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadnais Heights, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Vadnais Heights, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, people were nice and I was introduced to many people during the interview process. It was the first time I had to interview with so many people for which was concerning for me because it felt like a committee decision for such a low level job - like higher-up people's time was maybe being wasted.

Technical Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller in March 2015.

Interview

One-way Video Interview followed by an on-site interview.
    Since I'm don't really like one on one interviews, having the option to do the one-way video interview was very relaxing! Some of the questions allowed unlimited records for the answer (behavioral questions) while a couple questions only allowed two recordings before submitting (personal information). It was really helpful to be able to hear yourself at least once to notice the pacing of the answer as well as notice bad habits such as looking away from the camera and fidgeting.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was engaged all the time. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. He did not ask that many questions and instead allowed me to ask questions about the company and the position (prepare good questions). He was interested in knowing what I know about the company, so do some research about what the company does and how big it is (sales and locations)

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

Conducted an initial phone interview and then had a second phone interview about a week later. The first phone interview went well, but the second was not as good. Never heard back or received any follow up. Unprofessional.

Reactor Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Roseville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

2 phone intervews.
    Site interview with production manager.
    Site interview with panel.
    Easy questions. Any semi professional with production experience should be able to easily pass the process.
    2 phone interviews, followed by a site meeting with manager and panel interview with production lead persons who looked like they would rather be doing something else.

Interview Questions

• Two employees are fighting over a forklift. What do you do?   1 Answer

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadnais Heights, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller (Vadnais Heights, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Was recruited to interview by an employee. I had previously worked at the same company as this person prior to us both going to separate companies and he was now in a leadership position within the group I was interviewing with at HB Fuller. Went through two rounds of phone interviews as well as two rounds of in person interviews. All in total I devoted a full work day to interviewing for this position. I had good conversations and received generally good feedback from all 8 interviewers that day. I was told that a decision would be reached within a week and that I would be notified personally. Sent my thank you notes and waited. Two weeks later I received a generic form email from HR stating that I wasn't chosen. Fine except for that five days later when the department head calls me and tells me the same thing and I thank him for having the courtesy to call me even though HR has already notified me, he has no clue that HR already had already sent that email. Alarm bells about bad communication start to go off in my head but I take it in stride.

Fast forward a month and a half and another position in the regulatory group opens up. The Department Head calls me personally to invite me to apply, telling me I was a close second during the last round. I apply and then a week and half passes. I get email from him saying that since they had already interviewed me extensively last round, they would let me skip the first round and then bring me in with their final round of candidates in another week. Great, except that two weeks later I receive a form email from HR saying that I'm out. Two and a half months later I get a phone call from the department supervisor apologizing for never bringing me in, saying they'd opted not to fill the role until the next quarter, and apologizing for never letting me know about the job. When I mention the form email from HR, he's deeply embarrassed having no clue about it but mentions that this role will be opening up again "very soon".

Two weeks after this I'm again invited to apply and interview for a very different position in the group. Now I'm suspicious that the only reason they'd bothered to call me at all after that failed second application was because they wanted me to appease me so I'd apply for this role. At this point I'm fielding other invitations to interview and so I decide not to reply. Maybe it's a mistake but after months of bad communication and basically feeling like I'm just being brought in to pad their candidate pool so that they will look good to the higher ups I just can't think of a reason to continue to let them take up more of my time. No thanks. Third time was definitely not going to be the charm for me!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at H.B. Fuller in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 40 minute interview with two HRBPs. The process was traditional--was asked several questions that focused on past experience instead of behavioral questions. I was also asked to ask them questions at the end of interview