HCD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCD (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of supervisors from the Division of Financial Assistance, Housing and Policy Development Division, and Division of Codes and Standards. Each supervisor asked a question. It was a relaxed panel interview. Not as intimidating as one would expect. They catered the questions to specifics in my resume. They asked me to highlight things in my resume and how I would contribute to HCD's mission. What my interest is in HCD? How much do you know about affordable housing? Then, they proceeded to tell me more about each division and how I would be involved.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to translate scientific information to a person with a non-science background.   Answer Question

Associate Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HCD (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was tested on analysis, plus 2 interviews, both with group panels. The group was very nice, interested in my long-term goals. They did call me at work, however, which was a little uncomfortable. they had good flexibility with days and times for interview. The building is awesome, seems like a nice place to work.

Front Office Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCD (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

I was called in for an interview, I am always upbeat and friendly, we sat down and she began telling me about the company and what the job detailed. She seemed friendly she even talked a little personal to me, I thought it went well. Thanked her for her time.

Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCD (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Submitted an application that went to several different sections within the same department. Prior to that I took an exam in Los Angeles for this Sacramento position. I passed the exam, scored 80+ and was called several weeks later for an interview. There were three people who interviewed me-the former Section Chief and two managers. Shortly thereafter, I was offered the position and started two months later.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience relate to his position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None with the State-started at the first step.