Hamilton College - New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 9, 2017

3.1

Professional Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York (Clinton, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for a staff position at a cultural organization on campus. I had a phone interview, which I would say was more extensive than most I've had, and then a day of in-person interviews at the office in which I'd be working. Overall, it was a good experience--interviewers were friendly and gracious, they made sure to show me around the facilities/campus, and I got to meet my potential coworkers, all of which helped me assess my level of interest in the position. They were also helpful and communicative when I was making travel plans (I was traveling in from another state).

I've never received a rejection from either the hiring manager or the human resources office. Considering the time I spent traveling to the interview and back, this is really disrespectful and has certainly tanked my impression of the organization. I realize "ghosting" on candidates has become common, but there's really no excuse for not getting in touch with a candidate to let them know the outcome of the search and thank them for their time.

Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York (Clinton, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is just a way for the office to get to know your personality and your ability to represent the college well. It involves a written application to demonstrate your knowledge and passion for the college. There is also an interview with the majority of the deans, your potential colleagues, to assess how you can articulate yourself in a clear and professional manner.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite course at Hamilton?   1 Answer

Admission Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York.

Interview

The interview lasted for a whole day. I first met with current student representatives in a group interview format. They were very concerned with an outsider's ability to fully represent the school. I also ate lunch with them and while it wasn't formally part of the process, I'm sure conduct during lunch counted in the evaluation. I then met with the Director of Admissions for a one on one interview and then other associate directors for another group interview. The interview ended with a tour around campus and a stop at the HR office to discuss benefits and salaries.

Interview Questions

• Why Hamilton? Give us a one minute spiel as if you were working an event.   Answer Question

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York (Clinton, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The process is very simple, with basic questions regarding digital media. A participant would have to bring past experiences in using digital media applications. The interview lasted about 10 minutes with a very casual mood.

Interview Questions

• Q: What experience do you have regarding consumer interaction?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York (Clinton, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the supervisor and the student trainee. The interview began with general questions to get to know the candidate better. This was followed by questions pertinent to skills required for the job. A live role-play scenario ensued to get a better feel for the candidate's communication skills and how they would actually perform the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a shift at 10am and could not make it on time?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York (Clinton, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Was OK, but not very personable.

Help Desk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York in June 2011.

Interview

it was a whole business day of interviews, each interview containing a group of 4 or 5 people in separate teams. I was first contacted and had my first interview with the manager of the team before the series of interviews. I heard back from them within two weeks, which was pretty quick. The interview process was pretty standard, so as long as you prepare for the questions, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a particularly difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I regret not negotiating for a higher pay. I would recommend doing so.

Lab Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York in January 2010.

Interview

It was not too complicated. I simply went to see the hiring manager and talked to him about the position for about 20 minutes.

Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hamilton College - New York in March 2009.

Interview

This interview remains my number one "weird interview". There was not a single question that was specific to the actual job I applied for. Everyone on the committee wanted to know what I knew about their field .....hmmm.... The only questions that could pertain to the job was about knowledge of toxic waste disposal......hmmmm...twenty interviews later, still remains my utmost strange interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They were all difficult because they did not pertain to the job I applied for. Seems like they were not familiar with my field and opted to ask questions about their respective areas.   Answer Question