Harvard Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone screen a week after applying. Talked with recruiter about the position, was asked very simple questions about eligibility for role. Then was invited in for interview- met with manager and director. I was then invited for second round interview- met with a few fellow co-workers. After the interview, they called to start references and that took a few days to process. They called the next week to offer the position and conducted back ground check.

Junior Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. A panel of 5, from different departments, was there, everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The interview was non-technical so most of the questions were scenario based to see how good you can deal with clients.

Interview Questions

• what if there is a network outage and a customer calls saying he/she wants to access really important information urgently, how would you answer?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Tough but very interesting. The interview evolved into an in depth conversation about what I have done previously and what I wish to get out of my time here. The interview was conducted by the Principal Investigator, where we discussed projects they were interested in and how it match my own interests.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called to go down to Boston and do an in-person interview. I met the P.I and other lab members. The interview last for around 2hours in total; 1 hour with P.I and 1 hour with the lab members.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA).

Interview

One-to-one meeting with 3 of my future colleagues and 3 bosses, both in the morning and afternoon. All very casual. Group lunch. 30 min presentation, seminar style. Very easy. Getting the job is based on skill on paper and being able to explain them in person, creativity, then being a good "match" (i.e. very subjective).

Interview Questions

• Talked about science projects and try to bring a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much place for negotiation. Harvard has predefined categories which you get ranked based on your previous position and experience and current position you are applying for.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

First, I had a telephone interview with HR. HR asked me the best time. Second, I went to the institute for personal interviews. Third, HR asked me three references. During the entire process, HR frequently contacted me via email and telephone.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was interested in working for Harvard with my higher education background but felt that my application was getting lost in the shuffle. So I signed up with Spherion hiring agency. Their Cambridge office recruited exclusively for the university so that was the easiest way in as a temp to hire.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School.

Interview

Simple, direct and very friendly
    First round:
    A mini project on data mining skills:
    You were given a clinical dataset with patients demographics, diagnosis data.
    You were asked to persuade clinicians to adopt your model.
    Second round:
    Skype interview to explain your mini project approaches and analysis results.
    Both analysts are very friendly and helpful. The interview process went very smooth (~ 45 mins).

Interview Questions

• What is your approach to this clinical (synthetic) dataset?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was told of the job by my previous supervisor, I applied with my CV and resume via e-mail, then arranged a skype meeting for an interview. The interview was one-on-one and fairly short, lasting about an hour or a little over an hour. I received an offer via e-mail following the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about the research you did during your PhD.   1 Answer
    • 2) What are your plans for the future?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried negotiating a higher pay but was not successful.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA).

Interview

First I met my future boss at a scientific meeting. Before the meeting I had read many papers the boss published. I was interested in the project which the boss progressed. I asked whether I can get an interview at the meeting. Then I invited to the boss's lab for interview. There were one on one interview, lunch, presentation, one on one interview with co-workers.

Interview Questions

• How many years do you want to stay here?   1 Answer