Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Lucknow, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

7 people in the interview panel . Questions were mostly HR type only regarding college life and your favorite moments. Do remain confident and speak your heart. They do not want to hear philosophical crap but what you really are. Mostly they are looking for Marketing profiles however refinery and r&d profiles are also open. They may ask your option during the interview.

Officer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

Interview

Campus Recruitment

Project Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

campus recruiting: Mostly HR

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The selection process started with the shortlist based on department rank and category(OBC/SC/ST). Then there was a case study round. So in all there were 40 shortlisted students and 6 case study groups. It was basically an elimination round and in one group only same category people were there. This was followed by panel interview (8 in panel ). After that the final shortlist of students.

Interview Questions

• Q1. The starting interview question was sell yourself to this panel.

Q2. Tell us about your internship. (My internship was in Reliance Dahej)

Q3. Tell us Pros and cons of working in Reliance Dahej.

Q4. Did you get a Pre placement offer from Reliance?

Q5. Why HPCL why not Reliance?

Q6. What your family background.

Q7. How hard is it to be a single child?

Q8. If given a choice which location would you like to prefer?
      Answer Question

Officer – Engineering Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was campus recruitment process so we all applied for the company and then resume based shortlisting then, day 1 document verification and next day GD(situation based) then interviews directly based on your resume and HR. There were 16 panel members, so initially we were afraid that they'll ask more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Directly from the resume and HR based no technical questions.   Answer Question

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warangal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Warangal (India)).

Interview

It was soothing and calm process. 5 panel members. Each one asked me questions related to academics, personal life and hobbies, plan after 5 years. Panel members were more interested to know my plan of higher education after 2 years of work experience.

GAT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byculla (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Byculla (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

computer based written test which had 50 technical and 50 aptitude questions were to be answered in 2 hours. after 5-6 days people were shortlisted and interviewed followed by medical test

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in January online under recruitment of officer trainee through GATE 2016. Appeared for GATE 2016 in February. Got email to attend group task and interview scheduled 1 august 2016 at Jaipur. On the day first there was document verification followed by group task and interview, both were eliminating. Then candidates who cleared interview had there medical examinations on the next day. Got offer letter on 8 september 2016.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Your 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • Suppose you are handling a project of our company and you have to complete a specific task urgently and for that you have to violate certain guidelines, but the factory owner who is very rigid, not allowing you to do so, how you will handle such situation?   Answer Question
    • Why you want to work for HPCL?   Answer Question
    • Why you did not join the company in which you were selected in campus interview?   Answer Question

I also got offer from PGCIL, which I think better to join, as a Electrical Engineer.

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I had appeared for a written Test on All India basis followed by an interview and a Group Discussion
    and then selected as a Construction Engineer and placed in the Engg & Projects Department at the Marketing Headquarters in Mumbai.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me about the Foundation Engg based questions and I had replied correctly.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Mumbai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Nice experience, nice office. However didnt find the staff to be smart of employee friendly. They did test round first and then followed by one to one personal round.

Compensation is average as per industry standards but provide good work life balance as people hardly work there :P