Hindustan Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.8

Officer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Lucknow, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

7 people in the interview panel . Questions were mostly HR type only regarding college life and your favorite moments. Do remain confident and speak your heart. They do not want to hear philosophical crap but what you really are. Mostly they are looking for Marketing profiles however refinery and r&d profiles are also open. They may ask your option during the interview.

Interview Questions

• what was your favorite moments in college.. ??   1 Answer

Officer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

Interview

Campus Recruitment

Project Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

campus recruiting: Mostly HR

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

it was an interview on the basis of our gate score , we have been shortlisted , interview was in jaipur , comprising two part one GT an other pure HR interview . after that we have been shortlisted for medical

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum.

Interview

Simple Interview, Simple Questions. The Panel just wants to know whether you would fit in. Actually HPCL looks for average candidates who will stick to their jobs for good no of years and will not switch to better jobs /study abroad/IAS etc. They doesn't seem to look for best candidates

Interview Questions

• Totally HR, Highs and Lows of Life, Work ETHICS etc   1 Answer

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Visakhapatnam (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was about your interpersonal skills. No technical question is asked.typical rejection at interview 50 percent. They will not consider your branch nd rank when rejecting. Group formation will be mixed irrespective of branch category etc. Elimination in every stage. Group task is followed by hr interview.

Interview Questions

• group task: task to prioritise five issues been given to group of 8.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (New Delhi (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The selection process started with the shortlist based on department rank and category(OBC/SC/ST). Then there was a case study round. So in all there were 40 shortlisted students and 6 case study groups. It was basically an elimination round and in one group only same category people were there. This was followed by panel interview (8 in panel ). After that the final shortlist of students.

Interview Questions

• Q1. The starting interview question was sell yourself to this panel.

Q2. Tell us about your internship. (My internship was in Reliance Dahej)

Q3. Tell us Pros and cons of working in Reliance Dahej.

Q4. Did you get a Pre placement offer from Reliance?

Q5. Why HPCL why not Reliance?

Q6. What your family background.

Q7. How hard is it to be a single child?

Q8. If given a choice which location would you like to prefer?   Answer Question

Officer – Engineering Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was campus recruitment process so we all applied for the company and then resume based shortlisting then, day 1 document verification and next day GD(situation based) then interviews directly based on your resume and HR. There were 16 panel members, so initially we were afraid that they'll ask more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Directly from the resume and HR based no technical questions.   Answer Question

GAT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Byculla (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Byculla (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

computer based written test which had 50 technical and 50 aptitude questions were to be answered in 2 hours. after 5-6 days people were shortlisted and interviewed followed by medical test

Graduate Apprentice Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hindustan Petroleum (Lucknow (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

All India level exam after that one must have to face the interview followed by Medical exam. Online exam consist of Technical, General awarness and aptitude question. Difficulty level was- same as of PSU exams.