Holland & Knight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.1

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on site with four attorneys ( three partners and one associate) and the the hiring manager. They were nice and friendly. Each interviewer had different personalities and the interviews were more conversational.

Interview Questions

• Why Law School? Some behavioral questions? Questions about my job experience/   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Holland & Knight.

Interview

PEOPLE ARE NICE. I met 4 people in total. Everyone talked to me. They asked me about my working experience, my skills.They asked me about my experiences and whether I am capable of doing the tasks they want me to.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experiences and whether I am capable of doing the tasks they want me to. PEOPLE ARE NICE. I met 4 people in total. Everyone talked to me. They asked me about my working experience, my skills   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was very conversational. No hardball questions. Firm culture seems very relaxed and friendly. Enjoyed my interview process overall. Partners seem approachable. Not the stuffy environment common at big law firms.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with 6 attorneys in groups of 2. Most of the Associates and Partners with whom I met seemed dissatisfied or downright angry, and I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with me. It was clear none of them liked their jobs. All but 1 of the 6 with whom I met were unbelievably unfriendly. One of the Partners held up my writing sample between his thumb and forefinger as if it was a stinky diaper and asked "What is this?" I still don't know what he was attempting to communicate with the question, other than his general unpleasantness. Had they made an offer, I would've declined.

Interview Questions

• "What is this?" (holding up my writing sample with disdain)   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with four attorneys for 30 minutes. Interview went by pretty fast. Nice people, very conversational and easy to talk to. Overall great interview. They want to see people who are ready to work and get the training skills they need.

Client Account Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed by 5+ people for a mindless job. They scare you into believing the job is more difficult than it really is. Ask about training-- they will make you think you will be sufficiently trained, but there is actually no formal training process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Definitely negotiate salary/hourly pay. The pay is terrible. If I wasn't so desperate for a job at the time, I would have laughed and hung up the phone on their offer.

Guest Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an interview with a staffing agency and then with the employer a couple weeks later. The interview was more of a conversation with the Office Manager than anything else.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Two rounds of interview - once with HR, second interview with a couple of attorneys. The interview with the HR manager was extremely easy. She basically goes over your resume and tells you about the job. If they like you, they get back to you quickly. The interview with the attorneys wasn't very difficult either. The want to know about your experience and whether you are already trained on certain computer programs. They generally want people with prior paralegal experience.

Senior Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Business manager did not want to interview me. I was making the move with my assigned attorney. When we met, she was in jogging clothing. No testing. We discussed my assigned attorney in a friendly manner - not a "tell me about what you do" type inquiries.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Holland & Knight (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick turnover, quick interview, basic questions. You expect the interview to be longer than it actually is; they are just looking for competence and prior experience. The process is very basic, and they only ask preliminary questions. Have a sense of what field of policy you are interested in, it'll help them see that you hope to gain from this job. There are many opportunities for growth within the firm and they will let you know what those opportunities are.