Hollister Incorporated Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.9

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Extensive process with several interviews across several departments. I had recognised leadership and strategic planning skills which drew me to the role.
    The people were quite pleasant and the amenities impressive.
    Some of the interviewers seemed to there to 'check me out' for organisational fit rather than investigate my competencies and experience. I couldn't figure at the time why they seemed concerned I may have unresolved issues about Hollister that I wanted to discuss. I was asked more than once by most interviewers, including a nice senior lady from HR, what I knew about Hollister Inc. (reasonable enough question I thought) but then followed up with statements like "it really is a good company to work for" which sounded a tad defensive coming from an interviewer and certainly raised my pique.
    While they were courteous and certainly seemed keen to secure my talents ( I had been headhunted from an Illinois company where Hollister staff had previously recruited candidates).
    I then did some more research on Hollister using trusted industry colleagues and here on GlassDoor but ended up declining their generous offer as it seemed to me I would be a cultural misfit within Hollister.
    From my research I learned that the Company was tightly managed by the current CEO and a small closed senior group with little room for personal initiative and decision making unless vetted by the top. Perhaps harshly, some current trusted employees felt the top culture was one of micromanagement dressed up as leadership. I felt my prior leadership and strategic planning assets would be wasted, the role would end up being 101 Implementation and I would be unhappy and likely leave the Company. I suggest any prospective employee does their own homework but hope this short note at least flags some of the issues that prospective employees should investigate and consider as part of their own research.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hollister? Can you tell me how you like to be managed? Do you like coming to work everyday without the worry of not knowing what is expected of you?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly easy and straight forward. It consisted of Phone Screen, Phone with hiring Manager, Live interview. I was also asked to relocate to the corporate office, which I was not inclined to do.

Interview Questions

• Why does this job appeal to you   1 Answer

Consumer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated (Libertyville, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First you apply with a Recruiter to get a email for.a phone interview..Then you have a phone interview. After that you setup a face to face interview. Then you are set up with 3 one on one interviews. Then they set you up for a personality/skills test. It was too long and dragged out of interviewing style. It felt unorganized and bleek. They need to work on friendliness and faster pace of interviewing. Coloplast is a better route. Way more innovative and with the times!

Interview Questions

• What are your personal strengths and weaknesses?
      Pretty standard   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated (Libertyville, IL).

Interview

-Initial call with a recruiter
    -1st round of interview with 3 people
    -2nd round of interviews with 2-3 more people
    -After the 2nd round was over (a week or so later) - a work personality and comprehension test had to be taken online
    -Once the work personality and comprehension test was passed an offer was presented both over the phone and then formally received one in the mail

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this industry?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in a regulated industry before?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated (Libertyville, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with hiring manager.
    Had a second phone interview with HR and then had final interview at corporate HQ.
    Interview was half a day long (meeting with potential co-workers,hiring manager, HR).
    Asked about resume and experience.
    People friendly but didn't seem prepared with questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your short term goals?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. The lady was very nice and made conversation easy. Next step is to talk to the hiring manager. She will be in contact to schedule this meeting.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in your previous position.   1 Answer

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated.

Interview

Pretty relaxed, conversational - questions did not stray to much from the norm. Went through resume, couple of behavioral things - a lot of emphasis put on service commitments outside of study.

Clinical Educator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated.

Interview

Many interviews. Interviews were fairly easy.
    Was a final candidate &
    Was invited to corporate and requested to take a particular "test" and speak with in house therapist.
    Apparently I failed. I was expecting a call congratulating me from my recruiter, but instead was told that they would not be extending an offer to me. My recruiter was shocked.
    Odd company.

Senior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by email within a week by the recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was your basic phone screen, and the recruiter told me to expect to hear back in a week if the hiring manager would like to set up a phone interview with me. Never heard back. Sent 2 follow up emails to the recruiter. Nothing. Very disappointed in the lack of professionalism of the recruiter, which made me realize this probably isn't the type of company I would want to work for anyway.

Interview Questions

• the basic, "discuss your experiences"   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Incorporated (Libertyville, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR for the initial screening. Second phone interview with the hiring manager. An all day on-site interview with the hiring manager, department VP, potential co-workers, and other departments that I would work with. After the all-day onsite interview the HR person wanted to schedule another phone interview with the hiring manager before making a decision.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were pretty standard. I was asked questions about my resume and past experience. How I've handled difficult situations and co-workers.   Answer Question